Who is setting eggs today - 4/14?

Got up this morning and 8 out of 11 eggs are pipped or in the process of zipping.
Won't be long now
wee.gif

How fun!

Nothing going on with my eggs yet. I may have heard a loud peep after I walked away from the incubator, but I also may have imagined it. :)

Waiting here..................

Hi everyone... congrats on your good results so far. I need some information please. I have had ten haych! Yay! The first one hatched at 4 pm yesterday. Its crowded in there and i cant tell if there are anymore pips. One started to unziip then stopped, No change in about 7 hours. When co I move this chicks and give up on any more hayching without putting the first hatchling in danger of dying. I can't find any clear information on this . please advise. Thanks!

I've always heard not to move anyone until there are no more pips. Maybe someone else can chime in. It's always hard for me to wait, so I end up moving chicks out after they've been in there a while. I try to up the humidity when I do.

I just put my other eggs into lock down and discovered that the turner wasn't plugged in. How could I have missed that? How long has it been unplugged? Was it ever plugged in?????
sickbyc.gif
Maybe I won't have to come up with a plan on what to do with all of these chicks after all. Oh man, I'm almost sick to my stomach!

AWESOME!!!!

Last night i THOUGHT I heard a little peep in the incubator.....this morning it has been confirmed when a few started sounding off in there!
wee.gif

Woohoo!!!!!
I cant wait to see how this hatching chamber design holds up through the process....
So far so good...
pop.gif

(incubated 4/15)

I've opened my incubator during lockdown before to remove chicks and all the cracked egg shells. I usually will run some hot water, soak a sponge, lay it in a bowl, carry it over to the incubator in a bowl and lay that hot soaked sponge in the incubator (I have a wire guard inside separating the computer fan and light from the chicks). I put the sponge on the side of the incubator that the chicks can't get to. I'll clean up and remove any chicks to the brooder that have completely dried and fluffed up. I'll then close the incubator for about 10 minutes and then remove the sponge (the humidity will actually get to high if I leave the sponge). My incubator is hand built though and has 3 inch thick wall so its very well insulated which makes getting the humidity up really quick pretty easy. I also cover some of the ventilation holes with tape during lockdown to help keep the humidity up as well.

My incubator isn't that big so removing shell and fluffy babies is necessary if I set twelve eggs, like I did for this hatch! All 12 hatched too!!! It was so amazing! I'm hoping all six eggs due tomorrow hatch out!

Back
Top Bottom