Who is setting eggs today - 4/14?

I set 41 eggs this morning (4/15/12)! I have bantams; silver sebright, golden sebright, creoles! I also have 3 pure Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs and 2 eggs I'm hoping is a cross between my easter egger and my black tailed bantam! I hope everyone has success with their hatch! I'll be candling next Sunday so I have my fingers crossed! I'm really hoping to get some bantam ladies for my bantam roo! He tries so hard with the ladies he has but I know he would be so much happier with a flock of his own! I have 3 bantam chicks now that are 4 weeks and 2 weeks old! I'm hoping they all are hens!

I set 2 eggs today (in my incubator with another 2 clutches going- I know I am asking for punishment.

Anyways, I finally got a white egg, it is either from my App. Spitz or SL Polish, and I really wanted to hatch out a chick from either of them, but they are such poor layers. I am hoping it is fertile. I didn't want to have it alone so I added a easter egger egg as well.

I have devised a nifty little contraption at I can pull lightly on strings to turn the other clutches when one goes into lockdown(I manually turn eggs). I tested it out and it works well.

Testing incubator right now.Borrowed from a friend. it's not in the best condition. I understand the egg turners move so slowly that you cant tell they are moving. How long should it be until i notice a change in position. I want to know if it;s not working before it;s too late. I set a candy thermometer in it for now to make sure it comes up to temperature. Do you you a thermometer that also measures humidity or do you guestimate? I am hatching for the first time ever. These will be mixed breed chicks. I have some silkies, anconas, Colombian wyndottes , welsumers, lakenvelders etc. Should be interesting. I have a buff Bahama Rooster.

Mine went in last night as well! I ended up with 16-17 (I better make sure before they start hatching!). They're all mixes from my flock - an Orpington daddy with some white rocks, barred rocks, blue egg easter eggers, and some marans thrown in there as well.

I'm trying this as a dry hatch to see if more hatch.

Let's stay in touch!

Mine went in last night as well! I ended up with 16-17 (I better make sure before they start hatching!). They're all mixes from my flock - an Orpington daddy with some white rocks, barred rocks, blue egg easter eggers, and some marans thrown in there as well.

I'm trying this as a dry hatch to see if more hatch.

Let's stay in touch!

Lot's of luck to you...what is a dry hatch? Mine went in today. ;)

Just put a batch in tonight. This is my 4th attempt... (Hatched 8 out of 24 on my last attempt, but sadly lost three of them last night/this morning). Made several modifications to my home-made incubator though... Added two more trays which increases my capacity from 30 to 60. Also, moved my dimmer switch from the front to the side where it won't get bumped, which was a huge part of my problem last time, as I woke up to an incubator at 105.6 degrees, which of course cooked about 1/2 the batch. As far as breeds I an hatching it should be an interesting mix as we switched our NH Roo, with a white rock. Should get some white rocks, some white rock X barred rock mix, and NH X white rock mix. Also, topped off the bator with some Rhode Island X Dark Cornish eggs, which should be an interesting combo. Have a total of 50 chicken eggs, 4 duck eggs, and 2 goose eggs in. Now I just have to wait 3 weeks! Good luck to all!

Back
Top Bottom