Who is this brute? Pics!!!

Americanuna! He is looking beautiful too! I had one the had similar marking but he did not make it. Which is sad, he was the only one to hatch out of 12!! Good luck with him, they say that Ameriacunas are aggressive. I have 2 HUGE roosters and they are my babies
yippiechickie.gif
I can pick them up and walk around with them and they ate right out of my hand.
wink.png

What is the comb? Is that the part on top of the chicken's beak? I am new and I have 3 chicks that Im trying to learn all about on here. I think 2 of mine are partridge and one is a buff. Im going to get pics on here this weekend hopefully.

Alot of times, EEs are described as looking like hawks, and I think that is what you have.

I cannot tell you if it is a boy or a girl, but I can tell you that I have 3 ee pullets, and one of mine acts as you described. It hates to be picked up and is quick. If she doesn't want you to get her, you won't.

what's an EE?

he looks just like my americana hen when she was a chick. sounds just like her too, bigger, checking out anyone that was "gone", they have that odd ring around their eyes, connie's turned gold. they also don't have wattles, and they have ear muffs, he's hinting at both. right away a friend named her chicken hawk, to this day, three years, she'll ask me how chicken hawk is doing!

she lays pretty blue eggs too!

Ok, here's the update on the brute....lol
He's definitely a rooster!!! He was 7 weeks old on saturday and crowed for the first time.
clap.gif
That was so neat...like hearing you child speak his first word:lau Is it normal for them to crow at this age. Just wondering.
hmm.png

He sure looks like some of my EE chicks! They are mooses...meeses? Well you know...they're huge! I have a couple that I think are males and they do look just like a hawk! The way their eyeliner is, they look really mean. Their beaks are even hooked down and look like they could rip something up!!
ep.gif

Quote:
It's great isn't it. I have a 5.5 week old Key West bantam rooster that I heard crow for the first time today! I was amazed to hear it so early. I have 4 bantam cochin roos that are around 8.5 weeks old and none of them have crowed as far as I know. The tiny Key Wester is very precocious!

Back
Top Bottom