Who is upset about this Raw Milk issue?

Quote:
Our state is divided by liberals and conservatives for sure. The conservatives of this state are promoters of self sufficiency. The liberals do not agree. So this age old fight continues on and on. And now they are attacking a co-op of private people, who did things the right way and are now being punished for it.

Our latest slap in face came in the form of AB 107. As of 7/26/11 it is illegal for anyone without a license to process food for consumption to process meat. This mean anyone in CA that raises chickens, goats, rabbit, cattle, etc to feed their own families are violating the law by feeding their families. How anyone can possibly enforce this incredibly circular reasoned law is beyond me. Kitchen police?

Sorry, but I have to disagree here. Self-sufficiency is not strictly a "conservative" value --- can you say "hippie"? because they were the epitome of liberal values and raised their kids to value self-sufficiency. All across the country in "liberal" enclaves, "back to the land" movements are rejuvenating old farmstead values of yesteryear. The problem is that corporate interests just love to paint these issues as "liberal" or "conservative" and pit us against one another, all the while corporations are doing everything they can to promote corporate dependency. They want you to buy your milk as Wally World or some other big box store. Dig deeper into this and similar instances and I guarantee you will find political slush money from giant agri-business. Farms like this one are a threat to GA because they won't knuckle under like the corporations have forced so many farmers to do. Anymore, farmers almost have to operate under some kind of corporate umbrella or they get either a) priced out of the market, or b) legislated out of existence. Fortunately some states have taken steps to protect the small farmer via right to farm laws, but Ca's agriculture is firmly in the grip of GA. If you really want to change this, stop jumping on the liberal or conservative bashing bandwagon that only benefits corporations and start connecting with people whose actual values - not those you imagine them to have because of politispeak - align with yours, and work together to take back the political machinery in this country that corporations have bought and paid for.

ETA: If you want another example of regulations run wild in favor of GA, just check into the ridiculous hoops one has to jump through in Florida to sell farm fresh eggs. BTW, the commercial egg industry is HUGE in Florida and is a top political contributor.

Last edited:
Quote:
Our state is divided by liberals and conservatives for sure. The conservatives of this state are promoters of self sufficiency. The liberals do not agree. So this age old fight continues on and on. And now they are attacking a co-op of private people, who did things the right way and are now being punished for it.

Our latest slap in face came in the form of AB 107. As of 7/26/11 it is illegal for anyone without a license to process food for consumption to process meat. This mean anyone in CA that raises chickens, goats, rabbit, cattle, etc to feed their own families are violating the law by feeding their families. How anyone can possibly enforce this incredibly circular reasoned law is beyond me. Kitchen police?

Sorry, but I have to disagree here. Self-sufficiency is not strictly a "conservative" value --- can you say "hippie"? because they were the epitome of liberal values and raised their kids to value self-sufficiency. All across the country in "liberal" enclaves, "back to the land" movements are rejuvenating old farmstead values of yesteryear. The problem is that corporate interests just love to paint these issues as "liberal" or "conservative" and pit us against one another, all the while corporations are doing everything they can to promote corporate dependency. They want you to buy your milk as Wally World or some other big box store. Dig deeper into this and similar instances and I guarantee you will find political slush money from giant agri-business. Farms like this one are a threat to GA because they won't knuckle under like the corporations have forced so many farmers to do. Anymore, farmers almost have to operate under some kind of corporate umbrella or they get either a) priced out of the market, or b) legislated out of existence. Fortunately some states have taken steps to protect the small farmer via right to farm laws, but Ca's agriculture is firmly in the grip of GA. If you really want to change this, stop jumping on the liberal or conservative bashing bandwagon that only benefits corporations and start connecting with people whose actual values - not those you imagine them to have because of politispeak - align with yours, and work together to take back the political machinery in this country that corporations have bought and paid for.

ETA: If you want another example of regulations run wild in favor of GA, just check into the ridiculous hoops one has to jump through in Florida to sell farm fresh eggs. BTW, the commercial egg industry is HUGE in Florida and is a top political contributor.

I was speaking in general terms for the residents of the state of CA. I have lived here for almost 50 years.

I always have to laugh when I see an issue like this brought up. It was public pressure and outcries that originally brought about food regulations years ago......too many people getting sick from bad milk and other food products.

I grew up on raw milk so I don't have an issue with drinking raw milk altho I very rarely do it now......I very seldom drink any kind of milk actually.

I have been farming with my husband for almost 40 years and honestly in this day and age of sue-happy people I would never deal directly with consumers.

Last edited:
Quote:
Free country right?
hu.gif

I know this is a somewhat old thread, but I don't feel like posting a new one when an open thread is available.

A petitioning program called We the People has opened up on the White House website. It allows people to sign in and vote on issues they feel should be discussed in Congress. Petitions go through a trial period to get 150 votes before being put up on the site. When they are on the site they have a month to get 5,000 votes, at which point they will be reviewed by White House officials.
There is a petition up now to legalize the sale of raw milk on the federal level.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/legalize-raw-milk-sales-federal-level/hbbTdMGM

Our Apologies....

The site is currently undergoing maintenance. We appreciate your patience while we make some improvements.

Please check back soon.

hit.gif

I can't drink or eat processed dairy products, but I can drink and eat raw milk products with no ill effects.
I would sign it twice if it means I can go ahead and have my milk and cookies once again!
bun.gif

To find out if your state allows raw milk check out:
http://www.realmilk.com/where.html

Last edited:
way way too much government in our everyday lives!!! they like to treat us like little kids that don't have a clue. if we can eat and sell the eggs from our chickens why can't we do the same with milk?

Back
Top Bottom