Who is upset about this Raw Milk issue?

ByeByeBlackBird

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Falls Village CT
What does everyone think about this topic that is on the news ( Internet mainly, but i saw it one of the papers this weekend too!)

Im really bothered by it... Honestly, I dont like that anyone would tell people what they can and cant do in regards to their own personal nutrition like this.

The Youtube link is just one, of many ( im sure, i havent looked at any others yet) about the raid of a farm who sold Raw milk to customers who chose to drink it, instead of highly processed stuff from the store, and just expressing many peoples outrage at the situation as a whole.

I just wanted to bring this to the attention of other people, not intending a debate, though. Seeing what other people thought, themselves, on the matter.

Is this about the farm here in CA? Because that is just ridiculous. They were a co-op, each person owned a part of the heard because it is illegal to sell raw milk, so they could have their raw milk. The guy that owns the farm the cows are on is now in jail.

I believe it was the California crew. They dont like that rebel state very much.... Too many free thinkers!!!
sad.png
This is totally not cool in my book. Not at all, People obviously KNEW what they were buying, and purposely chose to buy into a cow or two or three to get the food they felt was right for them and their families. I know SO MANY PEOPLE that grew up on raw milk, ALIVE AND WELL. What is WRONG with these government organizations?!

Quote:
Our state is divided by liberals and conservatives for sure. The conservatives of this state are promoters of self sufficiency. The liberals do not agree. So this age old fight continues on and on. And now they are attacking a co-op of private people, who did things the right way and are now being punished for it.

Our latest slap in face came in the form of AB 107. As of 7/26/11 it is illegal for anyone without a license to process food for consumption to process meat. This mean anyone in CA that raises chickens, goats, rabbit, cattle, etc to feed their own families are violating the law by feeding their families. How anyone can possibly enforce this incredibly circular reasoned law is beyond me. Kitchen police?

*shrugs* At least it is legal to drink raw milk from animals you own. I'll be getting some dwarf nigerian does next year, looking forward to their eventual sweet, fresh milk.

Back
Top Bottom