Who made the law to require vet prescriptions for anti biotics 😡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antibiotic resistance is a real thing, not good at all, and as mentioned, it's been seen for many years. Fine to gripe now, but here we are, where many bacteria are resistant to most antibiotics, thanks to decades of overuse.
Mary
Sounds like something that would affect those who over use them, huh?
I beat the ban and ordered six boxes of pigeon pills. Stuff works like you can't believe as a topical for bumble foot! One and done!
Biology teacher told us that the Advent of antibiotics ushered in the era of weak thyroid glads.

Follow the money. With more and more people wanting to be as self sustaining as possible and with the eye in the sky tracking of this "they" can't let this cash cow get away. From RD to distributor, they all get greased, the one in need takes it in the shorts. BOHICA :he

Antibiotics have saved so many lives!!! In those 'good old days', things really weren't so good...
Mary
Well, I'm guessing before the advent of the refrigerator and the microwave, people ate a lot more healthy. Lots more community activities and far less television too. Used to be that people knew all of the families that lived in their town, now most people don't even know their neighbors.
Cars have become infinitely safer, yet the fatality rate has remained the same. Used to be able to load the entire little league team into the back of a pickup truck and make it safely across town and back, with no worries. Boy Scouts, Girls Scouts, PTA, Summer School; the fabric of society was once woven by strong threads. Childhood obesity is epidemic today. Too much processed food and not nearly enough exercise.
I'd never trade my 'good old' childhood for what is going on as of late. If a child was so inclined to build a tree fort today, their patients would have to answer to the HOA'S attorney before the walls and the roof were done.

I agree about many, not all, of your points above, but we were discussing antibiotics, specifically. Sulfa drugs were first, then penicillin, and that's mid 1900's.
And people died and had severe injuries when riding in pickup beds was 'normal'. Still happens today, legal or not.
And living with an HOA is a choice we've never made!!!
Mary

And people died and had severe injuries when riding in pickup beds was 'normal'. Still happens today, legal or not.
Again, remember, vehicles are much safer, yet the mortality rate remains the same.
But, back to antibiotics; somebody buying a gram negative antibiotic for their tropical fish isn't going to be the lynch pin that destroys mankind.
Fear mongering is so fun because even the ignorant get to play.

Similar figures elsewhere.

1686591550694.png

1686591591785.png

If one is talking merely about the number of Morover Vehicle deaths, yes, we are again on an uptrend and nearing historic highs. If, otoh, you want to talk about deaths per vehicle mile driven, the number is near historic lows, while deaths per driver population continue to fall.

Your claim is only true from a certain point of view, one devoid of important context (in my belief).

Similar figures elsewhere.

View attachment 3538926
View attachment 3538928

If one is talking merely about the number of Morover Vehicle deaths, yes, we are again on an uptrend and nearing historic highs. If, otoh, you want to talk about deaths per vehicle mile driven, the number is near historic lows, while deaths per driver population continue to fall.

Your claim is only true from a certain point of view, one devoid of important context (in my belief).
You again?
What's for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom