Who uses Tractor Supply Co.

When we lived in Kansas it was my fave place to go. We don't have one up here and I wish we did because I can't really stand the stores we do have here as far as their cleanliness and customer service. TSC was great!

The one here doesn't have much poultry stuff, so I tend not to buy much from them other than the occassional bag of feed when I'm in a stint and can't get to the feed mill. During "Chick Days" the one here doesn't have much variety, probably because of Atwoods (competition).

They do have a lot of other stuff that's good to peruse: clothes, pet items/food, farm implements and such.

I had never heard about TSC until I came on here then on the way into town I seen a sign that we are getting one here. That was about a month ago. It is suppose to open this week. I will be going to look at least.

I love TSC!!! Some things are pricey,(clothes for instance) but I get all my chicken feed, feeders, waterers, dog food,
cow chow, horse tack, fly spray, shavings, ect there.

I love their boots, but wait til they are on sale!

also love the "decor" section. Got a rooster thermometer for the coop and a few other chicken themed items.

Oh yea, got my hygrometer and flashlight for candeling there too

oops, almost forgot about my LG bator and turner that I had to run out and get when I bought too many eggs for my Hovabator!!!

Gezzz....Maybe I should buy some TSC stock!!!!!!!!

Sometimes I buy my feed there. Their price are comparable to the co-op's. They are the only place around here that sell the Backyard Poultry magazine that I'm crazy about right now.
smile.png

I use them all the time. They're great! Except that recently their feed quality has dropped. Three times in a row when I went to purchase feed the bags felt strangely compacted.
So I had the TSC guy open it to check, and sure enough the packages were all damp inside! One time, I can understand. But three times in a row tells me they never said anything to anybody. The right thing to do would've been to return the "bad" shipment and order another one from the supplier. But they never did that. They just kept selling it and acting like it never happened.
tongue.gif

TSC is the closest store where I can get feed. I go there all the time.

They have the basics as far as feed goes - Dumor brand chick crumbles, grower and layer feeds - nothing fancy, but my chickens have done very well on it.

They also have basic vetcare supplies and pet stuff as well as larger animal feeds, etc.

I really like the store. Prices aren't as cheap as walmart or Lowes on things like tools and electric wire, etc, but they do have things there I can't find another local source for like lawn tractor repair parts, etc.

Gotta go there today as a matter of fact - I'm out of pine shavings...

Back
Top Bottom