who want to (unfortunately) join my club?

sdshoars

Songster
11 Years
May 12, 2008
Texas
its the

i'm-really-cool-cuz-i-feel-like-poo-poo-ka-ka club.

stupid sudafed. doesnt work. stupid dayquil. doesnt work. ugh.

girl, it's just not getting better! did i stress fluids enough?

i am seriously making chicken and dumplings and have guilt over it now!

keep resting and try not to feel to icky-poo-poo!

i'll be in your club though as a charter member so i can feel ooky when i have a cold too!

haha, i really feel like i should drag my butt over to your house! i did however, manage to make my own chicken noodle soup last night. i dunno if it tastes good to anyone who can smell, but i thought it was good. it took me forevercuz it was like, chop this, run to blow nose, wash hands, run to blow nose, wash hands, chop that, sneeze, run to blow nose....

you get the point haha. its really pathetic. i hope my children inherit my dh's ability to not get sick. or at least that they do not inherit my whiney- baby-ness.

whining while ill is totally allowed!

you made your own soup!!??!?!?!?! whatev! REST!

drag, nothing, you'll need a snowmobile!
lol.png

I dunno if it will help, but last couple times I was sick I figured out that plain old Ibuprofen or Aleve works better to stop the airway stuffiness/inflammation/can't-breathe-iness better than Stupidafed or anything else.

BIG cups of hot water with lemon, honey, and a TBSP of brandy don't hurt, either.

Quote:
she's right about the brandy concoction!
my DH's grandma always melted peppermint candies and added brandy or whiskey then down the hatch. cleared just about anything!

just watch the alcohol levels with the meds, be careful!

oh, yeah, did i say FLUIDS yet????
lol.png
my aunt is a nurse and ALWAYS tells us that. she's right though!

I was going to suggest the old Jack Daniels trick, when all else fails, take a swig of Jack Daniels it will burn everything out of your throat and if you drink enough of it, you won't CARE if you are sick or not!
droolin.gif
Just do be careful if you are taking meds too, we don't want to have to call out the coroner!

If I was closer to ya, I would make my homemade chicken soup. It is the best thing and will cure you! Makes you feel really good and warm and toasty inside! But since I cannot here's a hug!
hugs.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
i promise i am drinking water!!! my dh tries to make me drink hot bourbon with lemon and honey. i hate bourbon, much less hot. and haha to the stupiafed. dang i cant type. yeah, i hear you are getting a lot of snow that way!!! we are going to dh's parents for christmas in NE iowa, and they have gotten quite a bit too i think.

*sings* i'm dreaming of a white christmas

Back
Top Bottom