Who wants some FREE coturnix eggs (just pay s&H)?- Sold! :D

Quote:
smile.png
Awh do ya got the quail bug!?
big_smile.png
GOOD!
smile.png

I just had my first coturnix quail egg....delicious! went up to collect eggs for hatching and only found one and it had a big dent in it
sad.png
SO instead of letting it go to waste...i fried it up....that was quick...took less than a minute to fry it up ha ha....but it'sjust like everyone says...tastes just like a normal chicken egg but with a sweetness to it...I LOVED IT!!!!
big_smile.png
It's something like 5 coturnix eggs equals one normal chicken egg though haha.

My hutch was free for my quail...and my 6 hole pen was $40. If you want quail now, look on craigslist and other places for people wanting ot get rid of used hutches and such.
smile.png
Except being kept outdoors they wont lay for you until spring...but you could have meat as long as you keep buying hatching eggs from people who keep them indoors!? Worth a shot!
big_smile.png

Oh dear, Sandra... you really do have the bug, don't you?
tongue.png

They do just as well in a homemade. I've hatched a LOT of coturnix in Miss Prissy's chick-o-bator.
big_smile.png

*grin* URL?

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

They do just as well in a homemade. I've hatched a LOT of coturnix in Miss Prissy's chick-o-bator.
big_smile.png

ya.gif
My eggs arrived today by UPS. Thank you so much
ya.gif

They were packaged up great. Not a single one was broken and I consider that AWESOME
wee.gif
- considering that they traveled from PA to AR.
Thank you for the extras
hugs.gif
They will be a great addition to my quail and will add color. I will keep you updated on the hatch. I won't put the eggs in until tomorrow evening.
fl.gif
Hopefully we will have a good hatch
fl.gif

Again THANK YOU!! and AWESOME job on the wrapping.
thumbsup.gif

Amanda

Quote:
YAY!!!! OH i am sooo happpy!!! Thank you for letting me know!!!! Gee you made my day!!! (and i had a bad one until now---2 teenagers shot at my moms dogs)!!<---long story anyone who's curious can read about it on the family/new members message board.

I'm glad you liked the wrapping job, may be frusterating to get em out but it keeps em safe woot!!!
wee.gif

yes let me know as soooon as you know if they're fertile or how many hatch for ya. Some better or im gonna be pouty! I know they're fertile but my paranoia is the cold weather...but hopefully they were kept in a decient temp!!!
fl.gif

good luck with them!!! yay!

edited to add, my main batch of eggs that most of your eggs were also from I stop turning saturday, 96% of them were fertile and are developing very well! The other eggs (your extra eggs) I stop turning a few days later, ALL were fertile
smile.png
I'll let you know what colors I get so you can know what to expect....well we already do know what colors to expect, A & Ms, browns, tuxedos, tibes...but im kind of curious what colors I'll get more than others.
smile.png

Last edited:
Yes, they were kinda of hard to get into. My 8 yr old was sitting beside me the whole time oohhing and awing the entire time - I think she is worse than me
tongue2.gif
which is saying something. I am just glad that they all made it. Thanks Amanda

frow.gif
Hi,Monarc. I saw your website, I loved it! I would like some in the spring. I am going to try a homemade "bator out of an old ice chest. It has little wells in the bottom for humidity and a drain hole for fresh air intake. I should be able to modify it. I am on the way to your care thread. I've been bitten!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom