who wants to join me setting eggs september 9th.

So exited to have so many hatch buddies hope everyone had an awesome hatch!! I will be candling tomorrow I will post results

awww congrats on your babies.
jumpy.gif
also i candeld today sort of a task w my brown eggs my first time w those thankfully i only had two the rest were white whew!! anyhow im down to six i removed four. two blood rings and two infertile. so not to bad i dont guess. temp is holding at 100-102 in my still air and im keeping humidity between 42-45 does this sound right to all of you. i tried so hard last time to have a perfect hatch and only got one fuzzy butt however we got some others to go w it and they are 3 weeks today and dont wanna stay in the brooder lol so im not sure about moving them outside yet to there pen becaue the nights are in the 60s here and i dont have any hens that would take them. any ideas or should i just keep them inside a few more weeks

Didn't see this post in here otherwise I would've posted sooner. I have a PBR that went broody on me, coincidentally on the same day you set your eggs in your 'bator. Since this will be my first hatch as well as the hen's I'm not expecting too many to survive. She started off with 6 eggs and kept collecting more from the other hens till she had about 13 under her. Had to segregate her so she would stop stealing and focus on setting, but she moved the eggs from the nest out onto the grass during the night, so I moved her back into the coop with the rest of the birds. I also just candled mine for the first time tonight and took pics, but I didn't see very much. Some had the veins and others had darker spots and a couple had a floating dark area, kinda like a yolk that had busted and was floating in the egg. My camera couldn't get the pic very well, maybe because I had improvised a candler with my iphone and a flap-wheel sanding disc for a grinder lol and then took pics with my ipad 3.

Back
Top Bottom