Who waves to other drivers?

What I get a kick out of is the looks I get when I strike up a conversation in a gas station up north. People freak out like your as serial killer. Around here its rude not to hang out for a few minutes an say hi. A lot spend the day in there.

As far as Jeeps an waving? Jeep actually uses it in there marketing. There's shirts, bumper stickers, tire covers, you name it with pictures of jeeps passing an waving. They say "Its a Jeep thing!"

I love watching motorcyclists drive by another motorcyclist. Almost 100% of the time you see that arm stretch down and outwards to acknowledge the other driver. I think that's great. I wanna get a bike just so I can do that wave.
lol.png

In the town I grew up in, with 6,465 people in it, I waved often. Mostly in the back roads. Not much in the "down town" area because they were all too busy staring at the "pretty fishy boats" to notice they were driving. Tourists.
he.gif

Now I live right in the middle of a town of 75,150, and no one waves. I never go into the back roads because it's physically impossible to make friends here. Moving back to the small town soon, hopefully. I learned my lesson well.
th.gif

(Google search Seattle Chill-the phenomenon of "polite but distant. Have a nice day. Somewhere else.")

Edited to add: Seattle is a nice place for some people. It has some darn good Pho. It has good shopping. And I actually live an hour and a half to the north, but I think we have the same problems up here. Or everyone in B-ham hates me. I dunno.

Last edited:
without reading all the other replies...I have to drive through a apt parking lot to get out of our home. I wave and smile they all look at me like I am nuts. It used to bother me but now it amuses me especially when the apt.s turn over and we get new people in. I have only had one or two wave to me. Strange people... or maybe they think the chicken lady is odd??

I grew up on a farm where everyone waved at everyone. People here in PHX think I'm nuts. I wave at everybody. I'm just like Special Fred. (youtube that one)

Back
Top Bottom