Who waves to other drivers?

All of the neighbors here wave. we drove down to a smaller town to pick up some barrels and everyone waved. There was a guy working on his car with his back to us and he waved over his shoulder.

Quote:
HA. I don't. People speed way too much around here. If I recognize the car, I will. But otherwise, I just smile and keep driving.

....I'm a mean person though.

Edited to add that I've noticed Canadian radio stations announce when and where speed traps are in Vancouver BC. I

Last edited:
Hennypenny,
I don't think you're mean. And do cars go under 70 now-a-days?

I still flash my lights if I'm out of town (Seattle Metro), but I never see anyone else do it. Thought it was dying out.

Imp- Friends swear I can make it from Seattle to Spokane in 2-1/2 hours. But how can you tell time when you're screaming.

We wave, we nod, & tip our hats.
frow.gif

Nothing to go down the road and people are parked in the road having conversations, just chatting away.
Slow down or stop for animals (ducks,cows,or even chickens) also farm machinery (tractors etc.,,).
We also blink our lights in case of trouble ahead.
People here move pretty slowly, But of course, we do have our transplants that don't know how to be friendly
tongue.gif
, some try though.
All in all, life is GOOD in the sticks!
thumbsup.gif

I only flash like the big rigs!! Or people I know! because if the are speeding they need to get caught....

Umm I do flash at on coming traffic if there is like a wreck or tree in the road!

GPN

Around here we have so many domesticated deer that people flash for the deer. Sometimes it's for cops which is very appreciated. Usually it's for deer. The Deer actually wait in a herd on the side of the road till all the cars stop, then they mosey across. Still have a lot of dead deer though. If people would quit feeding them it would help.

well I cant say that I wave unless you consider the one finger salute! But I do feel as though I am the only person left in NY that flashes her lights to tell others of cops hiding and speed traps.

Back
Top Bottom