WHOA......WHOA.....Broody Poo, I read it was larger than normal but

Shannoniganshens

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 25, 2010
West TX
I thought I stepped in a poo mountain my pit bull leaves laying around!!!! What the heck was that?
gig.gif

The only thing worse than the smell of broody poo is the breath of a dog that just ate it and then comes over to pant in your face! And give you kisses!
sickbyc.gif
th.gif

I managed to block the doggy kisses, before I passed out from the smell...

Isn't it the nastiest thing? Ugh, my first experience was this past spring when my EE went broody and she was in the garage pen. Talk about a wakeup call! LOL Now its old hat, there's more broodies around here than laying hens!

You obviously didn't come across a fresh broody poo, cuz if you did, the size would be the last thing you talked about. I have my first broody who has been sitting for a week now, and holy crud that is the nastiest smelling stuff ever!!!!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
It's so gross, and I thought dog barf was bad! I'm happy to have my little plastic sand shovel, wouldn't touch that stuff with a 10 foot pole!

The very first thing I do when I have a broodie in her pen is clean up her poo of the day. Thennnnnnnnn and only then can i bear to change the water and give more food, put in more chips etc. Wow! It never ceases to get my attention pronto. Then those sweet little black things running around get the once over by their other MOM>Me. LOL. I had a few eggs from a friend who has cuckoo marans . Right now they are about two weeks old. they are getting tail feathers. Opps, one has flat tail feathers the other two look like folded st. tails. Humm Two boys and one girl or two girls and one boy!!! OUGH!!!!! I so wish I knew. I would love to add two Cuckoos to my layers. Their eggs are not particually dark but darker and more red than my other hens lay for sure. Oh what fun. Gloria Jean

ugh

Had a broody hen who's first thing to do in the morning when everyone was let out was to run to the front door, drop a load smack dab in the middle of the door mat, eat the left over cat food, dump the cat water down the stairs, run to the dust bath hole for a quick dunk of her left side and right side, then bolt back to her nest, clucking for the entire 4 minute ordeal DAILY.

It was all hilarious other than the nasty poop and disgruntled cat.

heh! you can smell them waaaaay before you would ever see them!
sickbyc.gif
i keep mostly bantams and let them go broody so i can just imagine a broody LF girl's poop!

The first time my 8 mo Silkie went broody, her first poo was something that could have come out of the Pyrenees.... OMG!!! I had to check her to make sure she hadn't hurt herself. The rest of them were all stuffed in one corner as far away from it as they could get.
lau.gif
They all just looked at me like they were saying " You've GOT to be kidding!"
Chickie'sMoma is sooo right. You'll smell them way before you see them.
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
I mean really, how can something so obnoxious come out of something so cute?!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom