Who's doing Spring cleaning?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Black Feather, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Black Feather

Black Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Blahhhh......it's that time of year again....Spring cleaning! Anyone else taking part in this yearly ritual right now?

I have a few days off and was 'planning' to clean the coop top to bottom but then realized that two of my ducks and one pair of pigeons are setting. I can't very well go in there and clean the place out and disturb them, so I've decided to tackle to house instead. I'm currently re-gluing my granddads old desk since it's been falling apart for a few years now. After that I'm not sure what I'll tackle.....maybe the storage loft?

*Sigh* So anyone else been in the Spring cleaning mood?

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Instead of cleaning, I am in the middle of packing up everything in our townhouse...because we are moving next month! [​IMG]

What better way to reduce the mess than to box it up? [​IMG]

3. Portia

Portia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    I was, until the weather warmed and my tree orders started arriving. Now the house is a disaster because I'm outside digging in the dirt all day. I guess spring cleaning will have to wait just a little longer....[​IMG]

4. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    My mind wants to spring clean but my body just doesn't seem to be behaving. I keep going and watching the chicks in the incubator hatch then coming back to BYC to make sure I'm not missing anything.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  5. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    I just informed the teens that if they wanted to go anywhere there would be a few chores first. Maybe I'll nail them with spring cleaning tomorrow. The house could use it. And with that nugget it's time for me to get up and vacuum. I was going to do it yesterday but hubby came home sick with a real bad headache as well so I put off the vacuuming.

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    <<<---Currently AVOIDING spring cleaning...

7. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Noooooo.......I don't do spring cleaning, there is way to many other thing to do in the spring, like being outside, gardening, fishing, building coops, fencing, branding...you get the point. I do my nitty gritty stuff when the weather sucks in the winter. [​IMG]
    Coop cleaning is done in the fall right before winter.

8. jonesgirl

jonesgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Nevada
    I neeeed to....

yucky... I am not in the mood because it has been dreary around here the last couple of days...

I had a big plan to go to the feed store and buy more chickies yesterday, and I didn't.. because All I could think about is the stinky poo and shavings and dust that I would be cleaning up for another 6 weeks.. lol... My other babies are outside with the the big hens now...

OIY! I just want it to be warm so I can start planting! {oh er cleaning] [​IMG]

9. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    Super cleaned all 4 bathrooms yesterday and doing the kitchen today. My cupboards and pantry is a mess ! [​IMG]

It has been raining/snowing for 3 days so I fugure I may as well do stuff inside so I can garden and mess with the chickens when it ever decides to become spring. [​IMG]

I have chicks in the brooder in the basement and both incubators running so I will be very busy. [​IMG] I love that kind of busy. [​IMG]

Hope to start on 6 bedrooms on Monday. Already did my office,basement and quilting room last week. [​IMG]

Hoping my DH will work on the garage soon. [​IMG]

Can't wait for the warm weather and sunshine [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I try to keep on top of everything so that I dont have to do real spring cleaning, but the utility needs the walls (tiled) washing..... but it can wait a while longer.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by