Who's your favorite Bible Teacher and Christian Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It this thread still going? I would have expected it to be shut down by now. Christian threads usually are. Not that I want it to be, I'm glad it's not.
big_smile.png

Have I posted here?

For me that would be my own pastor Bro. Bob at the Living Word family worship center / lwc.org He got saved over 40 years ago in Houston, TX. He just turned 75, I believe. I've been saved since I was 24 and have been at the church for 35 years.

On the radio I like Allister Begg. Truth for Life broadcast.

Rancher ( I can always use prayer )

It this thread still going? I would have expected it to be shut down by now. Christian threads usually are.

Actually, most religious or specifically non-religious threads are on forums. If people keep them positive, I haven't seen them be shut down here.
hu.gif

Quote:
I Love Joel Osteen, and Jon Courson, and Greg Laurie. I am not sure why the large churches produce such AWESOME pastors but they do!!! John Courson's radio show is great!!!

Quote:
Actually, most religious or specifically non-religious threads are on forums. If people keep them positive, I haven't seen them be shut down here.
hu.gif

Exactly.

And the OP is asking a simple question. Nothing to debate about, no whose religion is better, no my church is better, or anything like that. So post your favorites and let's have a happy thread.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Good question! As youth/educational director of our church, working (mostly) with the younger students, teaching Greek to adults, mentoring teens one to one, leading weekly Bible studies and writing Christian material, I hear and read plenty of inspiring studies. But my favorite has to be those which come from children. Nothing like spending an hour with three and four year olds with the floor littered with tiny cuts of colorful confettied paper, glue stuck to the sleeve of your best sweater, markers scattered without matching tops and the youngest boilong down the lesson to the simplest words during prayer,"Thank you God for loving me even when I am not nice so I can love You back."

Last edited:
Well I may be an old fart that can't take the changes .... I have always liked and enjoyed Billy Graham's sermons. Not his son's tho (could not get into that "niche").

Sorry to see him go or retired but he is the first and only preacher that I like to listen without getting all defensive about even I don't always follow what he says but its the explanations he provided for the verses to make it clear. I am agnostic so I think he appreciates someone like me just sit on the sidelines and just listen without any "naysays" or feel offensive or repulsive like i do with the others or even today's teachers.

Monsignor Fowler of Saint Peter and Paul church in Mt Vernon NY. He led the 9:15 childrens mass every Sunday , when I was a kid. He taught God was all about love. Gods love was so great he could forgive any sin, if the sinner was truely sorry.To this day I still think of God=Love.

Quote:
I Love Joel Osteen, and Jon Courson, and Greg Laurie. I am not sure why the large churches produce such AWESOME pastors but they do!!! John Courson's radio show is great!!!

I didn't know Jon Courson has a radio show. When is it on? What are the topics? I assume it's on that Calvary Station? I think it's 630 AM here in WA.

I am troubled by the things I've seen Joel Osteen say on TV. You may recall a year or so ago, when on the LKL Show, he refused to say that Jesus was the only way. More recently, I just saw him about a month ago say that he would attend a homosexual (he used the word "gay") wedding. As a pastor, the Bible says he is to be above reproach, and I don't see how one could honor a homosexual marriage while dishonoring the sanctitiy of true marriage as God created it. It's really not that difficult of a choice. If God is not at the wedding, why go?

As for "large churches" or "mega" churches, I know there are some very good, doctrinally sound, mega churches out there - but we must be careful because the Bible foretells what will happen during the End Times as people choose to leave sound doctine and flock to teachers who will tell them what they want to hear.

God Bless,

Quote:
That's interesting Robin. I often wondered from many of our past emails and now I know. I have no doubt that Billy would appreciate you (as I do too) but, from what I know of Billy, I also have no doubt that he would be the first to tell you that sitting on the sidelines is a dangerous place to be.

Jesus said, I am THE way, THE truth, and The life. NO one comes to the Father but by me." (Emphasis mine)

God Bless,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom