Who's your favorite Bible Teacher and Christian Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Fr. John Coropi and Fr. Mitch Patchwa. They both have their own styles of teaching/preaching, but they really know the Bible very well. I used to watch Joyce Meyers (spelling???), but I like her in some ways and not in others and anyway I did that at my former job, which was super easy and now I do something super hard.

Greetings!
**inflammatory content removed**
Question number one is what is a Christian, ask a kid in the grocery store to get a common definition. You may be surprised to hear what is said.

Number two is: Are Heaven and Hell real places or do you think this one is an area of interpretation? The problem with sharing the Good News in our secular humanistic world is that the Bad News has been discounted into the realm of a harsh and outdated God. This just into the news room, the Universe just posted there is no such thing as sin, take the rest of the week off to enjoy. With the first definition in mind, one common general conception is that Christians do not upset others with their point of view. To suggest that we all need to ask Jesus to save us is considered to be bad form and not displaying the Fruits of the Spirit.

Number three: Have you ever been lost? Let's keep this one simple and literal. Lost in the sense that you don't know where you are or how to get to safety. If you have been, do you remember the relief and gratitude for finding someone that knew the way or something that pointed the way?

The next verse is quoted by many as the terms and conditions how to go or not go about pointing the way.

Judging Others
Lk. 6.3738, 4142
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Mk. 4.24

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye

The verse says don't be a hypocrite, do not look down upon someone else. Evaluate your life first before telling someone else that they have a problem. The verse never says not to point the Way with our words, deeds and actions. If I am lost or even worse if I don't recognize that I am lost, I want and need a GPS that tells me exactly where to go, how far this way, turn that way. What kind of a market would there be for devices that upon asking for directions offered you a cookie and a vague suggestion of alternate paths that might get you there.

Paul said that life is a race and Christ is the prize. Our job as Christians is to light the way, to encourage each other, offer anyone trying to keep in the race a spiritual water bottle. The Three Bears have been scheduling Christian thinking for too long, you know this one is too hot, this is too cold, I like door number three.

Revelations 3:16
But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!

Number four: Oxymorons should cause you to stop and say wait a second. For example, I am a Christian sinner makes perfect sense; meaning that I have asked Christ to save me from guess what, really charred sulfuric pizza for far much longer than I can comprehend, and that I still occasionally sin, and am far from perfect. The goal is to ask the Holy Spirit to unite with us to lead us to a righteous life, not one of our own making or capabilities. In my opinion though, saying that you are a Christian witch is a true contradiction in terms. One can not serve two masters simultaneously.

It can get confusing at times; declare the Gospel - The Good News, make disciples of all nations and go into your closet. In our time crunched world, it only makes sense to do all three at once.

Preachy, not my intent and I apologize. I implore you as Christians to not discount this post as a simple take on someone not being quite sensitive enough in delivery technique. Houston...we have a problem. If this post helps anyone out there, Pluto are you up.... I will have kept my word.

God Bless All

Last edited:
Hi Y'all,

I just saw this thread and had to read through all 8 pages to see what was said. How wonderful it is to see so many Brothers and Sisters that I never knew before. I see many of my favorite teachers are already listed. There's Adrian Rogers, Allister Begg (isn't he the guy from Jeopardy!? LOL), Jay Vernon McGee, Greg Laurie, John Courson (one of the best teachers of Revelation I've experienced), John MacArthur, oh and so many more that I can't even remember.

However, I didn't see Charles Stanley, Jerry Falwell, or Ben Haden. Who can forget, "Obey God and leave all the consequences to Him." Does it get any simpler? I haven't seen Ben in years but can't forget his "Let's talk about that...". Now I'm thinking I shouldn't have started naming names because I know there's one or two that should make the list that I can't think of right now.

Having said that, here's one I doubt many have heard of - he's Pastor John Zimmer. I can honestly say that when I first started listening to his sermons, it was like a breath of fresh air to a suffocating man! Powerful, no-holds-barred, straight truth. His messages on how to be a godly Husband, a godly Wife, a godly child, a godly parent, and now a Christian in the Workplace were some of the most powerful I've heard and I highly, most strongly encourage y'all to listen to them if you can find the time. I think he took like 3-4 months on the husband and the same on the wife alone! Here's a link for those interested:

http://www.grace-ministries.org/site/audiodownloads.asp?sec_id=1639&dlyear=0&dlcat=Sunday+Evening

God Bless,

The problem with making a list (like I did) is that inevitably someone gets left out. I like Turning Point too and watch Dr. Jeremiah every week.

God Bless,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom