Whose been spurred???

Thanks SC... he is a beauty, and I really hate to do it. But - I will feel better about not having to worry about the boys. He'd knock down our youngest.
sad.png

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Light Brahma, 1 year old...
sad.png
He's a big beautiful boy, but I think I've given him too many girls and he's feeling a mite over-protective. I didn't raise him from a baby, so we're having a difficult time teaching him who's head roo...
hmm.png

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/vyancey/Chickens/P4200008.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/vyancey/Chickens/IMG_0899.jpg

Y'want him?
tongue.png

OMG! I didn't mean to send a LB to the death chamber! God he's GOrgeous. But umm...ok...let him fry....but SEND ME SOME EGGS!!!! (I;m 100% serious btw...I want some eggs)​

Quote:
OMG! I didn't mean to send a LB to the death chamber! God he's GOrgeous. But umm...ok...let him fry....but SEND ME SOME EGGS!!!! (I;m 100% serious btw...I want some eggs)

Funny how the timing worked on that...
hmm.png
It's not your fault, TX.
hugs.gif
I gave him a fair chance, but he's really big and dangerous. I swear he could take on one of our turkeys and win. I've never seen a rooster that big before.
I wish I had eggs to send, but I only have one 2 year old lt brahma hen right now and for some reason she's not laying.
sad.png
But my RIRxLB chicks look just like him...
big_smile.png
I have 3 of them now, and if I didn't know they were mutts, I'd swear they were pure. I have 4 purebred LB pullets with one roo that are 12 weeks old now... I'm hoping to have eggs in another couple of months.
smile.png
We'll see how it goes.

Allright, just keep me in mind. I have one pretty girl whose been laying about 3 weeks, and 4 eggs from Tuffold hen who should hatch Wed, but I need MORE
smile.png

he is a gorgeous thing...but a roo that attacks without provocation...repeatedly...must go to the stew pot.

Oh yeah--Got it this morning. I was warned by Rocko's previous owner that he was a little snotty, but I hadn't experienced it yet.

Just as I was taking the lid off the scratch can he came at me--feet first! Caught me on the leg, but not too bad.

I think the dog--she was snooping around the coop while I was inside--made him nervous. I'll watch for it next time, though!

LuckyStella

It was THAT roo that hit you in the face?!?! He's a big beautiful thing, ain't he? I can see why you had a black eye from it. If you already have a replacement lined up, then the only place for that boy is the stew pot.

Who has the last laugh now? *pretending to talk to the rooster*

-Kim

I know... he's gorgeous, and I really wish he was nicer. I just keep hearing Tx_dane_mom saying "Dead rooster walking".
lol.png
He got a reprieve tonight. Hubby doesn't feel like doing it until Wed or thursday - we're going to soak him in a brine solution several days and then smoke him on Monday.
clap.gif
He's only a year old, so hopefully he won't be too stringy. I just hate eating food that I've named. :|

I found the photo of what he did to my face - begging pardon, but I was holding back the tears because it hurt like a mo-fo. This was taken just after it happened, too, so the bruising hadn't developed. He got me again just like that on my leg yesterday.
P4200002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom