Whose Waiting This week for Meyer's Chicks to arrive????

I got 4 barred rocks, 4 RIRs, 4 golden buffs and 20 broilers. I've lost two but the rest seem to be doing well except for some pasty butt.

Quote:
How long now?!?!
smile.png

My chicks are being shipped today from Meyers. I am about to explode from excitement and worry!! I am 'only' about 4 hours drive from Meyer, so (showing my ignorance of the nuances of USPS's delivery system) I hope they should get here tomorrow...

I placed my Meyer order on 5/2 and they are not due until 8/2-8/4. I am already a nervous wreck!!

barnie.gif

Last edited:
From My Pet Chicken (which I've read on BYC that Meyer is their hatchery source??)... 4 salmon faverolles, 3 red stars, and 3 barred plymouth rocks! my first batch of chicks ever. They are supposed to hatch today and ship today or tomorrow!! I can't wait... being at work is awfully hard today!
We got the brooder all set up yesterday and tested the heat lamp.

Quote:
I have read that Meyer supplies MPC... and I have also read that MPC simply rents part of Meyer's facilities/equipment but they hatch their own stock. I'm not sure which is accurate!

I am also getting a sew salmon faverolles, barred rocks, and red stars/golden buff/whatever you want to call red sex links.
smile.png
Let us know when yours come in!

Quote:
How long now?!?!
smile.png

So they were supposed to be shipped last Tuesday..something in my gut didn't feel right on Tuesday..I figured I would get an email or something so I went into my account and they were shipped Monday! We picked them up last Wednesday...the babies are doing great..one seems to have some issues but she is hanging in there...it looks like we have Barred Rocks, Australorps, brown leghorns, white leghorns, EEs, and 4 other breeds we cannot identify yet!

Back
Top Bottom