Whose Waiting This week for Meyer's Chicks to arrive????

montanasandy

Chirping
9 Years
May 11, 2010
Potomac, Montana
Just want some company while I am waiting!
smile.png
Anyone else getting them this coming week?

I am getting a second order shipping 12-14. I got the first order last wed (6th). We had one that didn't make it and I should have ordered more the first time! I'm not as nervous about it this time. I have to give the post office a call and let them know we have more coming. This time I got one free meyer meal maker female. I love that meyer posts the tracking info.

Last edited:
I pick up my first chicks ever from Meyer's on Monday April 18. I am getting 16 Welsummers, two of them roosters. Sure glad I ordered back in February because the next available date for this breed is the end of June. I could have had them shipped (cheeper) than driving, but wanted to go to the chicken store to look at the goodies. Got my Horizon Structures chicken palace on wheels with attached pen, lights, electric and automatic pop-hole door all ready. Basement is ready for the first few weeks here in South Central Ohio.
We run a home where we take care of 14 Veterans, and the wife will use up to 3 dozen eggs to make scambled eggs in the morning, so there won't be many free extras for anticipating family.

Last edited:
Well, we didn't order from Meyers, but we have 6 BOs and 6 SS that we'll be picking up from a local private hatchery on Friday! We're excited.

We got the brooder built and it's in the shed where the birds will be staying until they move into the coop that we have yet to break ground on. The brooder is a box made out of a shipping pallet, 2X4s, and plywood. It is about 3X3 and I still need to make the lid.

@ N & M: My chicks I got the 1rst of March are doing great. I really wanted to add a few Rare Marens to the mix and hoped to do it a couple weeks ago, but that order did not work out, so I have these 3 (wanted 4, but that was all they had left), are coming this week!
smile.png

@vjbakke: let me know when you get them!!!
smile.png

@ Saltcreek: I wish I was within driving distance, that would be great to be able to go there and see the operation. Lucky people getting fresh eggs, you will want to make sure you have your own! Maybe you will have to add more!
wink.png

@ chickeninthemeadow: Let me know when you get them!!!
smile.png

None from Myers but I do have 12 coming from MPC this week! Polish, Blue Cochins, Gold Sebrights, Jersey Giants! EE's, and D'uccle's

I am expecting them to post the tracking info tomorrow! The coop is almost done! There will only be a week difference in age with the girls we have now. Still will be in separate brooders for about week or so then they coop should be done and we'll make it into a large brooder and mix them. hope it goes well. I was so nervous/excited when the first order was on their way! Good luck to all! can't wait to see pics!

Back
Top Bottom