Why are my chickens dying??

I don’t know it could be. But i don’t know how they could have been exsposed they are 1 week and 3 days all most 4 and they have never left their cage/box.

I don’t know the type of heat lamp my sister got it for me. [she has hade chickens for a long time) but it could be true that the heat is not being kept in i will fix that hopefully that was the problem.

I don’t know it could be. But i don’t know how they could have been exsposed they are 1 week and 3 days all most 4 and they have never left their cage/box.

If it was, the entire crew would be dropping like flies, bloody poop, balance issues then dead. Get one of them put in hand and grab skin on neck. Does it stay up or fall back down quickly?

They eat fine but i will give some molasses water. To see if it helps. And thank u for the help. And i have 2 Asian Silkies and 2 golden comets.
Ive been lucky enough not to have that problem, but it isnt uncommon to lose chicks in their first two weeks or so. However, feeding them the medicated starter chick food and sugarwater can help fight or prevent any possible illness and give them energy. Had to give sugar water to our first chicks we hatched.

Hi this is my first post and i made this hole account just to ask if the chickens that u have been getting from tractor supplies been dying because mine are getting really sleepy and then they die. I have lost 2 chickens so far and i am not going to loss another. please help me tell me what i could be doing wrong or if your chickens have been dying to.

Thank u for responding and they are 1 week and 3 days old it is 96.3 on one side of where they are being keot and 80.7 on the other. I am feeding them the same thing they were being fed at tsc. And no blood in the feces.

Mine were chirping very loud earlier today but very quietly now. I can not rember exactly what breed they were but i had 6 and both of the California somethings died today and yesterday. I don’t know if it was the breed or something and i am check them every 15 minutes to make sure they are ok because one has been acting strange lately.

Oh i forgot and they are less approachable.When I get close to them to pick them up they run not like when i first got them and were very friendly and would walk on me.

They eat fine but i will give some molasses water. To see if it helps. And thank u for the help. And i have 2 Asian Silkies and 2 golden comets.

Ok thanks i have read a few articles that said stuff about tsc but i was not sure.and nI am worried that one of the golden comets will die the last 2 got very sleepy and then died so i have been sitting with a heater behind me with the door to there cage open so i can make sure it wont go to sleep.

I rediped their becks and then put a new thing of water in for them and they all ran over and drank from it. And no resptori breathing but they all are pulling out some of there feathers znd are trying to fall asleep standing up.

No they are in the hot side i have tried moving them but they go right back.
Can you please post some photos of the chicks, their poop and how you are keeping them?
Photo of the feed bag you have would be good too.
You put in new water and they all ran over and drank - have they been eating/drinking?

I can’t get a photo of the cage beacuse the the light in the room is broken and the heat lamp makes everything redand they have been eating and brinking fine sorry it was hard getting pictures of the chickens they wouldn,t stay still do i had to hold them
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Exactly what is a box/cage? Are you measuring temperature at the bottom of your set up, since the chicks are in the bottom? Is their food, and water on the cooler side? That's where it should be. Are they eating chick starter? When I first get chicks, I like to add Nutri Drench to their water for a few weeks. It helps a lot. If they seem a bit weak, give them a little sugar water, or Gatorade.

Well it is 11 13 where i am at and i have a big day tomorrow hope u hEv a happy easter And i hope the tips thaypt everone gave me work. Just have to say thanku all so mipuvh

Back
Top Bottom