Why are my posts blank when I try to post a picture?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by kathyinmo, Jan 13, 2012.

1. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Others are able to use the copy-paste feature from their private albums. Why can't I? I end up with blank posts. However, if you use the "quote" feature you can then see my photo in your editor. I am able to post a picture if I use the URL ..... it is a real pain. Why won't copy - paste work for me?

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

A reminder: In the next month we'll be doing a big upgrade to make it much easier to insert images into posts. No more copy image or copy image URL. :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  3. kathyinmo

To insert images into albums? huh?
    I am trying to get an image OUT of my album and into a post, but I can't without using the URL...........

4. sherylreno

sherylreno Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Reno, Nevada
    Does this mean we can post pictures using our albums instead of having to upload them again?

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Into posts.. sorry. I'm on 9 hours sleep in 3.5 days. Gimme some slack [​IMG]

6. kathyinmo

7. kathyinmo

I am sorry to be a pest.... must be annoying, I am sure, but can I ask...
    Will this bug be fixed? Am I ever going to be able to use the copy-paste feature with my pictures from my private album, or are you telling me to just wait until the upgrade next month?

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Testing again....[​IMG]

9. RedReiner

RedReiner Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Monroe, Wa
    this worked for me, my profile, edit account details, preferred editor type, change from rich text editor to BBCode. save. go to my albums open the picture you want to post. click the embed button, copy and paste the url in the second box, forgot what it says but its the second box. my picture then posted.
    [​IMG]
    trying the berry picture from my hard drive. add or upload image from my hard drive.

ETA: your account edit preferences may still be different from mine.

10. kathyinmo

Yes, I CAN post pictures using the URL from my old (private) BYC uploads. What I am saying is, I can NOT use the copy-paste feature.

Do you think that has to do with using the rich text editor instead of the BBCode ? Hmmm, may be...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by