Why Aren't My Chickens Laying? Here Are Your Answers!

Pics
Ah, 3 weeks later.. and still no eggs. They are not molting- plumage is full, bright and beautiful on all three of them. Just no eggs. Getting very frustrated
1f624.png
1f624.png
1f624.png
I'm so sorry, I'd be very frustrated as well. Do you they show signs of laying soon? Red combs/ wattles, spread hip bones, squatting, interest in nesting boxes? How old are they?
I just switched our girls over to 27% feed (hatchery suggestion from time change to time change) this will let extra protein for energy to stay warm and lay eggs. Been working so far, possibly you could change feed and it could help?

Last edited:
They are 31 weeks - wattles and combs cherry red, wide J-Lo bottoms, the barred rock started squatting about a week ago. Don't seem to be interested in the nest box at all. :th

They are 31 weeks - wattles and combs cherry red, wide J-Lo bottoms, the barred rock started squatting about a week ago. Don't seem to be interested in the nest box at all. :th
barred rock seems possible in another week or so. They'll surprise you within a month hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom