why cant geese lay eggs yet?

I've got a goose brooding on some eggs right now! Lol, I have no idea if they are fertile or not, but we should know by Feb 15th or so.
I'm in Florida too
big_smile.png
fl.gif
any particular breed?
welcome-byc.gif

Hi Shellie. This year I lost my beautiful Nikki my lavender curly breasted with this super cold weather...
My Butternut buff girl has betrayed JJ and she has bred with Berrie my blue smooth breasted gander. Now she is penned with JJ at night with her sister. I have dividers up so Spicie and his 2 girls go in with him. Spicie raised JJ and the 2 buffs. But now Spicie tries to kick JJ out so I run Spicie to the last pen with his two girls.
I put Berrie up in with my two whites one rom Vicky called Vanessa and the other white is my smooth white from Kim Kelly Nessie. I hope Nessie breeds with Dillan white carring I believe buff. I know Nessies mom is a buff saddleback.
The birds just do not do what you would like them too.

Now I have 2 grey curly saddleback females with no mates now.... Because I lost Sammie my white gander who was Ginger's mate. Then lost Nikki two weeks ago and he was Hanna's mate...

This cold spell we have been having is just the worse winter we have had in years!!!!

Our winter was horrible too and the weather aint over! I lost 3 of my buff african females not so long ago and this winter is the first time ive seen massive trees fall to the ground uprooted by the gale force winds! And the rain hasent stop since before christmas! My geese are having waterproof problems with their feathers! This is very stressing for me and my geese

Our winter was horrible too and the weather aint over! I lost 3 of my buff african females not so long ago and this winter is the first time ive seen massive trees fall to the ground uprooted by the gale force winds! And the rain hasent stop since before christmas! My geese are having waterproof problems with their feathers! This is very stressing for me and my geese
i really feel sorry for you and hope it gets better really soon!!! after looking at the long-term forecast, this wednesday will probably be last day below 40 F this year!!! its so warm here.

where are you located?

This will be our first year with a trio of West of England Geese and we are hoping to incubate the eggs ourselves.

My gander has become a bit more aggressive than usual lately. He has started to charge if we turn our back on him every time.

He is also getting jiggy with one of his girls and ignores the other girl.

When do you think we could expect eggs from her? He is not really bothering the other girl at all so I assume she is not going to lay eggs anytime soon?

Thanks

My other half has just informed me that she was sitting in her nest area for about 2-3 hrs but still no sign of eggs.

Last edited:
Just got my first goose egg today from my Pilgrims. This is her first year laying so hopefully everything goes well. So far she has been very secret in her dealing with the nest, but as its a dog house in their pen, she can't really hide them from me. The gander has been mating with her for a few weeks but I will still be checking the fertility of the first eggs just to be sure. Then some in an incubator and some for her to sit on. I figure that way less chance of loosing all. I hope everyone get lots of eggs! Anyone else seeing eggs?

Back
Top Bottom