Why did green liquid come out of my duck’s vent?

Drowsy_808

Chirping
Aug 29, 2022
This is the second time it’s happened. This happened once awhile back, but we believed it wasn’t a very big deal since it was the first time it’d happened and nothing showed up online. She seemed fine and she does now too, she doesn’t seem particularly unwell after pooping this, so we’re not sure whether or not to be concerned.

She’s currently a year and a half old. She has a respiratory infection from bacteria and we’re currently buying her antibiotics.
She seems fine even after pooping this strange green liquid and she didn’t eat anything that could cause this. She ate rice and eggs before this and nothing green for many hours, so it can’t be caused by food. It isn’t poop either, just liquid.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!
7177536B-D968-42D8-9F82-5A54FA4DFB9B.jpeg

Sorry someone did not answer sooner. How is your duck doing now? What else is your duck eating? Does your duck have access to food all day?

Sorry someone did not answer sooner. How is your duck doing now? What else is your duck eating? Does your duck have access to food all day?
It’s okay, it isn’t your fault. She isn’t doing bad, she’s doing okay. She could be doing better, but considering she’s sick, she’s doing fairly well. She’s eating a bird feed we got from Petsmart. She has access to food all day now, but she didn’t a week ago.

If you go to a farm store such as tractor supply they sell food that is specifically for ducks. Or you can get all flock type food that is for multiple types of poultry including ducks. I'm not sure how it compares to the food at pet smart, but poultry have different nutritional needs than caged or song birds.

If you go to a farm store such as tractor supply they sell food that is specifically for ducks. Or you can get all flock type food that is for multiple types of poultry including ducks. I'm not sure how it compares to the food at pet smart, but poultry have different nutritional needs than caged or song birds.
I would like to do that as well, but unfortunately, Tractor supply doesn’t ship to where I’m at. I’ve been considering using FedEx to get a duck feed from tractor supply, but I don’t know if it’ll work. Do you perhaps know? Have you tried something similar before?

Back
Top Bottom