Why Did I Do It? Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chicmom

Dances with Chickens
14 Years
Feb 24, 2009
Strasburg Ohio
I hit the bid button......And I won.....and I am CRAZY! Hatching chicks in the very beginning of WINTER?! What is WRONG with me? I don't know what I was thinking.........

The eggs have arrived today, and that means, I will have chicks in early December........

But the pics of the parents birds were soooo cute....bantam Cochins in beautiful splash and Mille Fleur.......Beautiful.......Cute as a button.......Oh gosh....

I could shoot myself......And yet, I'm excited.......
roll.png

Aww you lucky devil! I just scoured eBay and found only a few breeds laying at the moment. And all of them are ones I DON'T want.

Look at it this way... You'll be getting eggs from them long before Spring hatches!

LOL!
Well...
I just ordered eggs, they will be here today.
gig.gif

Our climate is a little more forgiving than yours, but it will still be a busy holiday with chicks running around..lol..

But hey,
we'll have a head start on spring. lol...

Good luck with yours!

Quote:
That's true.....I am just hoping they can go out to the coop in the winter once the're fully feathered. I can put a heat lamp in the storage room of the coop and let them be inside there........Ohio winters can be brutal.......

I know I'll work it out, but I have never brooded chicks in the winter before......
hmm.png

I cant seem to keep the bator off in winter and I'm about to turn it on today.. It's had a looonnnggg 8 week break!
wink.png
I Like to do a hatch around June because then they're usually at POL around Christmas! I'll be getting eggs from first year pullets when everyone else is getting chicks!
big_smile.png
(But then again when everyone is starting to get eggs mine are ready to molt!)

Quote:
Im totally with you CHICMOM!!! We had a rainy day here in CA - so I couldnt work which means I went websurfing - first sight to catch up on - BYC. BUT WHY did I hit the "Hatching eggs for Sale" ??? !!! I dont know?! - I have PLENTY of chickens....
he.gif
vs.
love.gif
hu.gif
. O well soon to be:
pop.gif
ep.gif
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif
&
love.gif

Quote:
Im totally with you CHICMOM!!! We had a rainy day here in CA - so I couldnt work which means I went websurfing - first sight to catch up on - BYC. BUT WHY did I hit the "Hatching eggs for Sale" ??? !!! I dont know?! - I have PLENTY of chickens....
he.gif
vs.
love.gif
hu.gif
. O well soon to be:
pop.gif
ep.gif
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif
&
love.gif

Sooooo addicting, isn't it? Rainy days are SO DANGEROUS! LOL Did you win the auction yet?

YES!!! I have a problem - swore I would never enter go there again - until I had LESS than 30 chickens! Dam rain!
and YES I won not only one auction but TWO! I only thought I would win just one - thought for sure some other sicko (like me) would come in and couldnt bear to live without these eggs. hmmmmm. Apparently everyone else (but us) is ON their meds or something!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom