Why didn't somebody tell me

crtrlovr

Still chillin' with my peeps
Mar 13, 2008
East South Central (West KY)
that bantam chickens are SO hilariously funny to watch?!!

I got a trio of BB reds and they're not any bigger than our African Gray parrot, although the tiny little rooster (who I'm seriously thinking of naming "Mr. Big Stuff") thinks he can whip the world. Maybe I should call him Leonardo for the scene in Titanic for L.D. says, "I'm the king of the world!"...
The roo looks a lot like a miniature RIR roo, brownish red with blue/black and blue/green feathers in his tail, and some black tipped feathers in his wings, straight comb. The little hens (SO cute!!!
love.gif
) are adorable; one is an allover gold with black edging on her feathers (kinda reminds me of a golden Sebright I saw a long time ago), and the other is almost black with some gold streaking through some of her feathers (not NEARLY as much gold as the other one). They are FAST little boogers, too. I think I'm going to need to get a big net like fishermen use! Just had to share! Maybe someday I'll find my digital camera or break down & get a new one and figure out how to post pix... I know you'd like some of my beautiful guys and gals!
wee.gif

Sounds like my circus here! My little Banty Roos think they are Big stuff,, they attack the big roos feet sometimes. I'm glad they all get along though. Take pics and send them! If you don't have a digital camera use a phone camera and email them to yourself as picture text message.

I've got 2 African Grey parrots!!! I can't imagine little chickens that size.
We had a bantam rooster for a few months. He was a nasty lil bugger, but he was very funny to watch. He seemed to think he was about 8 times the size he actually was. When he'd see us, he'd stomp his lil feet, and come running at us. He was running as fast as his little feet took him, but we still had plenty of time to lift the leg and make him run into our knees. When he tried to run after the girls..LOL, it was quite hilarious.
Yours sound funny and cute. Yup, you'll have to get camera fixed. You KNOW we love pictures!!!

We have Audrey the Guard Chicken. We are in the process of integrating 6 week old chicks with the rest, and she stays in the hen house door and shuffles all the chicks back in if they try to out. BTW - it's going well! No bloody babies, and one of them has been out in the coop!

oh btw crtrlovr, bantam chickens are so much fun to watch!
wink.png
there can't say I didn't tell you!

My little roo is called "big" poppa. He is about 6 inches tall. The hen that I got with him is smaller than my dad's pigeons, but she tries to fight with dad's RIR and SLW's! Good thing they are in a pen, while mine all free range...they would probably kill her!

Have you seen the rooster dance yet? That is so comical!!

And they do seem to think they are the kings of the world...Ah, who am I kidding, they are the kings of the world!!

Did I mention how cute they are??
wink.png

Oh, they are feisty little buggers! *hehe* I just love mine. My Partridge Wyandotte girls are sweet peas... but my Red Pyle Old English Game Bantam & my OEGB roo... watch out... those OEGB are sometimes a bit too "big" for their britches! My Red Pyle is known as "Mouth" since she NEVER shuts up! And the roo... well, he was given an unmentionable name.
lau.gif

Gotta love 'em!

Last edited:
Chickens are addictive and nothing is funnier than tossing a grasshopper in the run and then watching a lively round of chicken keep away.
I've found that it's much easier to catch chickens with a hook than it is with a net.

Back
Top Bottom