Why do folks raise quail? Just wondering ...

Quote:
becauuuuse im not allowed ot plant a garden here (because theres only really good sun in our large front yard where my mom thinks a garden "would look ugly"
roll.png

AND im not allowed to raise a beef cow or a hog or even meat rabbits....im limited to basically one hobby at a time...so it's poultry which is fine with me but
hit.gif
lol

BUT hubby is finnally back to working (he had been layed off) he just went back to work today actually
celebrate.gif
sooo! now we will AGAIN be saving up for our first home. I have one i have my eyes on..IF it hasnt been sold... where theres NO zoning so i can raise whatever i want! LOL! :p

Last edited:
I know your parents don't want meat critters, but you could be ninja about it and build a rabbit run under your quail... just have a dropping board so the rabbits don't get pooped on
smile.png

Quote:
This was the most PERFECT explaination as to why to own quail i've ever read!!! I loved it!
smile.png

Why thank you!
love.gif

I really like our quail. Once I get some "extra" income, I'll be making more cages and be keeping a larger steady population around here..

Speaking of which, I have a batch of eggs in the bator hatching now, another cooking, and another getting ready to be put in.
big_smile.png

-Kim

Quote:
woohooo self sustaining I like it! I wish i could, i can only half self-sustain lOL

And I'm just getting started. There will be a pig in the future, a dairy goat (or two, but hubby's is resistant), Berry bushes, Mua-ha-ha-ha!!!!

Quote:
this is what I made for about 53$ including wire and nails.........
395647428_1369663379_0.jpeg

Its 99 inches long, 2foot high and 2 foot deep. I have 14 quail in it as of yesterday and seems like I have room for LOTS more
smile.png

Quote:
This was the most PERFECT explaination as to why to own quail i've ever read!!! I loved it!
smile.png

Why thank you!
love.gif

I really like our quail. Once I get some "extra" income, I'll be making more cages and be keeping a larger steady population around here..

Speaking of which, I have a batch of eggs in the bator hatching now, another cooking, and another getting ready to be put in.
big_smile.png

-Kim

take your time! and when you do I'd love to see your new quailies!!!
celebrate.gif

Oh, no!!! Just started reading about quail and I'm afraid I'm gonna have to go there!

I just got my incubator and am playing with it. (Dickey) Love the idea of pickled eggs and easy o'd' orves.
All that said, please or please
fl.gif
show me or tell me about your quail pens? I haven't seen much about that, just lots of chicken pens/coops. I'm pretty sure you can't pasture raise quail
lau.gif
I can't imagine them coming back to a coop to roost. Where to you keep them and how?

Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom