Why do folks raise quail? Just wondering ...

Quote:
I thought that was brains
(zombie joke, no zombies were hurt in the making of my warped sence of humor)

I'll toss out another reason, zoning.

In town here I'm limited to "4 crowing fowl" and no roosters, in the fine print it lists several kinds of poultry (chickens, turkeys, guineas, ducks....), no mention of quai.
wink.png

So quail are joining my 4 hens and 2 buns (pet rabbits, mocha & latte), in the back yard.

Quote:
Come to the dark side, you know you want to. See what using the force can do for you
smile.png

Quote:
this is what I made for about 53$ including wire and nails......... http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PHfRzxcLq.../10uo7dvSMO0/s320/395647428_1369663379_0.jpeg

Its 99 inches long, 2foot high and 2 foot deep. I have 14 quail in it as of yesterday and seems like I have room for LOTS more
smile.png

Wouldn't you and your tools...uh, I mean FAMILY, like to come to TN for a vacation? *batting my eyes like a helpless girl....failing miserably* We have a pre-Civil war era house, 50 acres for camping, river for fishing, 4 boats, horse, all KINDS of things to keep you busy when you're not building...uh, I mean RELAXING....
lau.gif

Quote:
this is what I made for about 53$ including wire and nails......... http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PHfRzxcLq.../10uo7dvSMO0/s320/395647428_1369663379_0.jpeg

Its 99 inches long, 2foot high and 2 foot deep. I have 14 quail in it as of yesterday and seems like I have room for LOTS more
smile.png

Wouldn't you and your tools...uh, I mean FAMILY, like to come to TN for a vacation? *batting my eyes like a helpless girl....failing miserably* We have a pre-Civil war era house, 50 acres for camping, river for fishing, 4 boats, horse, all KINDS of things to keep you busy when you're not building...uh, I mean RELAXING....
lau.gif

Horses? How many you want me to make
smile.png

Quote:
lau.gif

Horses? How many you want me to make
smile.png

*stroking my chin Dr. Evil-style* *thinking about holding one piece of tack per cage hostage* If you don't plan on riding those horses bareback, then about 5.
lau.gif

easy peezy lemon squezee..... ps, I learned to ride bareback, but prefer western style saddles
smile.png

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Don't tempt me chickadeedle!!!! my family is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to big muahahhahahaha.

The actual coop took me something like an hour and a half... but I could have cut that in half because I was teaching a kiddo from the big D basic measuring and cutting skills.

My house barely houses us, We'd have to bring our big tent for camping
smile.png

Edited to add more info..........

Last edited:
Quote:
Aw, you're such a nice guy!
clap.gif
Big families are wonderful. We'd love to have a truck-load more kids than we have!
love.gif
I'll show the picture to DH this weekend and see what we can come up with. He's an OTR trucker and doesn't get much home time, but luckily he gets a long weekend this time.
celebrate.gif

ETA: My house has 900 square feet of porch--perfect for sleeping! I'll go drag out the air mattresses....
gig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom