Why do we stop getting notifications?

This has happened to me 5 or 6 times now. I think it's like if you don't reply to a thread after a certain amount of time but give reactions to the posts, it stops giving you notifications, but if you go back to the thread it says your still watching it. This has happened to me, @PippinTheChicken, @AngBantamLuv, @ForTheLoveOfSilkies,
and I think it happens to @LadiesAndJane. People have also tagged me in threads and I don't get the alert. Why? @Nifty-Chicken @casportpony
YES! The exact same thing is happening to me too! It is so annoying! I rarely ever get notifications anymore!! Why???

I am in a hurry so I will do it later :D
No thank you.
If you have The preference set to receive an alert when you are tagged then you're getting it. Spend a few minutes each day scrolling through all of your alerts and you'll see it.

If you do not have the preference set then that's your problem.

No thank you.
If you have The preference set to receive an alert when you are tagged then you're getting it. Spend a few minutes each day scrolling through all of your alerts and you'll see it.

If you do not have the preference set then that's your problem.
Ok ok

YES! The exact same thing is happening to me too! It is so annoying! I rarely ever get notifications anymore!! Why???
When was the last time you clicked to view an alert?
If you do not view the most recent alert for that particular thread you will not get another alert for it.

I do not know how to explain this in any simpler terms.
If you like seeing alerts for particular threads click to view each and every alert every time you get one and you will continue to get them.

They are called alerts.

Click the bell.

Then click show all... Scroll through there often.
Click on preferences and take screenshots of all of the preferences.
View attachment 2838359
I do!
But nothing new ever pops up. Only notifications that pop up on the bell is when someone follows me or comments on my profile page. I'm watching tons of threads, but they never notify me.

When was the last time you clicked to view an alert?
If you do not view the most recent alert for that particular thread you will not get another alert for it.

I do not know how to explain this in any simpler terms.
If you like seeing alerts for particular threads click to view each and every alert every time you get one and you will continue to get them.
Every time i get on here.

I do!
But nothing new ever pops up. Only notifications that pop up on the bell is when someone follows me or comments on my profile page. I'm watching tons of threads, but they never notify me.
Click the bell go to preferences and take screenshots of every preference please.

Back
Top Bottom