Why do you like where you live?

I too, like King, live in a rural area.

I am in the high plains of Colorado and though sometimes the winds that rip through here at times annoy me, most times - I love it.

My critters (dogs, cats and chickens...and other wild stuff like pheasants, rabbit and a milieu of songbirds) have 35 acres of buffalo and other native grasses to romp in.

We don't have that many predators and those that we do have, steer clear of here.

We do have a mini-tree line that cradles the North and West sides of main property. It is 7 trees (pines mostly) thick and about 15 trees long. So, I got like 30 tree L shape if you will, to play with when I want to feel like I am in a forest and away from the plains. HEY! It works for me! LOL!

Our closest neighbor is like a mile up the road...dirt road.

It's a lazy feel here. No hurry. No madness. No crowds. What's not to like?

The land where we are letting it grow wild...grasses and all. Snow covered!

snow007.jpg

The tree line on lower left side of this picture...there's more to it but that's where it begins.

snow002.jpg

Peace-

Pedro
cool.png

Last edited:
We live on 40 acres where my mom grew up. My mom, brother & his family, and my family live here - close enough to help each other out, enough room/trees that we have our privacy. It only takes about 10 minutes to get to town, 45 minutes to a bigger town (Costco, Petsmart, Nordstroms, etc), an hour to skiiing, three hours to San Francisco, wonderful rivers for summer fun, close to lakes, lots of hiking, biking, riding trails. Great, diverse music scence (lots of music festivals); lots of local plays; strong artistic community; lots of liberals, but lots of conservatives, too; loads of history; very progressive conservation-wise (lots of solar, alternative energy, alternative building); strong sense of community; many choices in schooling for your children (numerous charter schools, as well as traditional schools); great neighbors that help out when you need it. Wow, I could go on and on, but I guess you all get the picture. Oh, I forgot to mention - Beautiful and Peaceful! I guess you can tell I'm very happy with where I live! Come visit some time!
Liz

location wise, we're great. halfway between dayton and columbus, so we have good shopping nearby. we're in an unincorporated area but only 8 miles from 'civilization' (walmart, pizzahut, etc.) we have 12 acres, my DH wishes it was 1200. and one of the neighbor's is a family of crazies. but its really pretty neat for a city girl like me. i do wish we had some more land and some wooded areas, but maybe when my husband can retire.

Back
Top Bottom