Why does dirt keep magically appearing back in while I dig a hole....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenzoo, Sep 17, 2012.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I started digging some trenches for running water lines....All was quiet and no one really around. As soon as I get a line dug I look up to find amy yard full of ducks, turkey and chickens scratching the dirt and filling in my hole. My swans start picking up leaves and hay...throwing it into the hole....my emu keep eating the dirt that I'll need to use later on.... The geese are walking down the line falling in the hole.....and the guienas are hollering at all the craziness of everyone else.... :rolleyes: And hubby wonders why it takes me so long to finish a project.

2. kitten6566

kitten6566 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2012
    pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

3. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    [​IMG]They dont want you to make those water lines! Lol![​IMG]

4. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    That's fabulous :D

5. peepacheep

peepacheep Chillin' With My Peeps

This reminds me of the time I was planting small trees. Digging and planting along the creek when I remembered I had not seen the Labrador. Where was she? Quietly chewing up each tree I had planted....[​IMG]

6. christineavatar

christineavatar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Bolinas, CA
    I guess after inspecting for bugs they put the 'cleared' dirt back in the hole. They were probalbly very grateful to you for digging the hole.

7. [​IMG] [​IMG] Think i just peed my pants picturing that zoo........

8. sezjasper

sezjasper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    [​IMG] They really are like children, aren't they?? LOL

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I'm just glad my cranes didn't get into the action.....they tear up everything !!,, luckily the turkeys came by and attacked the emu.....so they went running off. 30 ft more to do...oh my. :p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by