Why does everyone hate Roo's

Well now it's the darn crowing. I have one and I'm not ashamed to say that when I hear him crow I know everything in the coop is ok. In fact I get nervous if I don't. He's a bantam and he's not too loud, I think, but if I get a standard I'm concerned the whole road will hear him and not be as pleased as me. Personally I rather hear him than the garbage music nextdoor, which really isn't next door, sorta two houses away.

Well, I love them! I think they are beautiful, and I love how big they are.

BUT I have had a lot of nasty ones. I still like them, but about the 10th time my partridge rock roo left bleeding scratches on my 2 yr old DS I decided he was ready for the crock pot!

Why do I hate my rooster this week?
Hmmm, let me think!
Oh, yeah, I remember now after my having been in pain for a week and barely able to walk. I spun around and pulled a tendon in the calf of my leg when the @#$%^&& acted like he was going to attack me.

He's really lucky that I like him most of the time.

After they are about a year old, they seem to change from sweet to protective. When they scratch your grandchildren, they have to go. That's it.

Hi!
I don't hate roosters AT ALL. They are essential if one is going to breed chickens --- hahaha.

My roosters are all nice boys.
smile.png

Lisa

Cuz they are do durned noisy.

If I could get a totally crowless boy who could protect and propagate the species, I'd be so happy.

I LOVE roos!! So does my husband! We think we're the luckiest people on earth because some kind soul dumped one on our property in February. That's what got us into chickens!

We have 9 roos and we love every one of them. Heck my husband even replied to a Craigslist ad for some roos. Someone said that if someone didn't take them, they were going to eat them, hubby went and got them!

We LOVE OUR ROOS!!

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom