Why does everyone hate Roo's

I like roosters and have no problems with them. the folks that hate roosters if you follow close enough are the gal's that think they need to be treated like a house kitty, and want to play huggy pie kiisy poo and end up getting very disappointed and get their feelers hurt thus the scorned woman theory. A well mannered Rooster is a valuable barnyard animal not some house hampster to play with, leave him alone and you will like him more.

AL

Last edited:
I don't hate roosters, but I dislike mean ones, and won't tolerate another one. Now I've got a little banty roo who thinks he's Big Stuff, I'm not afraid of his sabre rattling!

Ewww, a poopy pillow with a chicken sleepng on it in MY bed doesn't sound like something I would entertain...
...yet.
smile.png

Lisa
ps: Really, never.

Quote:
Believe it or not he didn't poop one itty bitty bit!!!!
smile.png
He's so soft, sweet, and shy...yet he's so good at standing up to my doggies and leading the pretty girls around
smile.png

I love my cochin roo! He is a big sweat heart! He brings me treats out of the yard and wait for me to pick them up and 'eat' them. He won;t leave until he sees me eat them..LOL. He also protects me from my other, not so nice, roo. He will not let him near me or my kids! He is an awesome protector and nice to look at too!
524_sdc10799.jpg

Hi Olli, Now that I think about it, that doesn't surprise me. There was a kid I grew up with that had a pet rooster that roosted every night on the footboard of his bed --- he opened his br window and the boy came right in every night and went back outside in the morning. I thought the guy was 'a bit off' at the time, but I didn't get the whole 'chicken thing' then either.
Yaay for 'pillow roosters'.
smile.png

Lisa

Quote:
Only for one reason, they are very rough with the hens, and thier behavier and dances makes me real mad, my hens are doingway better without the roosters, they look healthy and they have feathers.

I like roosters, too. I had 2 SLW roos by mistake. One of these was magnificent. Neither was ever aggressive towards me. I loved to see the big beautiful rooster out with the flock in our pasture - keeping all the hens together. But they crow, and My Beloved cannot tolerate that. And even though there were 2 roos to 20+ hens at the time, the hens backs were bare from the incessant mating. Are they NEVER satisfied? We gave the roos away, the feathers grew back, harmony reigned.

Tricia - thanks for taking the little SS roo that revealed himself at 6 weeks! I think he will be a nice little guy, and I hope he turns out to be beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom