why dont people ever have mutt birds

My favorite chicken is a Blue French Marans/ EE cross............
She is knockout beautiful..Blue barred with muffs...........don't know where the barring came from.
We think she is a reincarnation of something or someone who liked us.........
From the time she was tiny, she fly's onto my shoulder and just rides around while I do chores.
lol.png

There are a LOT of mutts out there, in fact the most popular are mutts, like Sex Links. . . I honestly have no clue why someone would wonder otherwise.

This section of the forum only makes it seem like there are more "purebreds" because there's some of us out there who like to discuss the standards, etc of breeds. In all reality there are less purebreds with standards than mutts.

Well lets see, last year I hatched out 17 barnyard mix chicks and couldn't sell them for $1 each!

Purebred BCM chicks (straight run of course) sell for $8 each in my area. Guess what I'm incubating these days? Nothin but sex-links (so I can sell pullets) and purebreds. Unfortunately I keep hatching out roos
he.gif

Mutts = Birds that are crossed breeds

EE = easter egger = A special mutt that lay different colored eggs because they are mutts that carry the blue egg gene.

My mutt is my favorite bird. She is more intelligent, more friendly, has more curiousity, and personality plus with a beautiful set of feathers.
love.gif

Edited to clarify EE status vs other mutts.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom