why don't people like poached eggs?

I like soft boiled eggs, and love making "poached" eggs in my lifetime cookware egg poaching tray. But those are just eggs cracked into little cups that sit in a rack in my pan, a little melted butter, and then cooked with the cover on over simmering water. I need to have the whites cooked firm, so best for me is fried eggs with cooked whites and uncooked yolks.

I love poached eggs! never had them growing up, my mother only fried eggs until the were crispy whites and hard yolks
sad.png

I confess - I've never eaten nor prepared a poached egg. Can't get past the pasty look they have - just white, white, white with a dab of yellow surrounded by more white, white white. No crispy little brown edges or tiny bits of golden butter from the frying and flipping on them anywhere. (I like mine over medium) Now I'm thinking maybe I should at least give one a try. But if I hate it I'm coming back for all of you!
lau.gif

I confess - I've never eaten nor prepared a poached egg. Can't get past the pasty look they have - just white, white, white with a dab of yellow surrounded by more white, white white. No crispy little brown edges or tiny bits of golden butter from the frying and flipping on them anywhere. (I like mine over medium) Now I'm thinking maybe I should at least give one a try. But if I hate it I'm coming back for all of you!
lau.gif

Come on Blooie, be a big girl, you can do it! Who knows, you might just find a new favorite.

(And if you hate your poached egg, come on back
tongue.png
)

Poached are my all time favorite way to make eggs. Add a little white vinegar to the water and heat at a slow simmer. break egg into a saucer. swirl the water gently in a circle with a spoon then slip the egg into the water from the saucer. The white will stay together and be more appetizing for those fussy folks. A breakfast cook taught me this and it works well.

Delicious on buttered toast.
droolin.gif

My favorite way to cook eggs is sunny side up, soft yolks. When I was in ND I fried eggs for my grandsons for breakfast. I didn't cook the yolks until they were hard. My grandsons made some remarks about they thought I needed some egg cooking lessons.

When they talked to their Mom later that day, they told her I tried to kill them!

Seems she told them that soft yolks have ALL kinds of germs in them that will cause people to drop dead!

Back
Top Bottom