why don't people like poached eggs?

Ok, so just to save the embarrassment of being on BYC admitting that i cant cook a poached egg lol

So the DH wanted to know why I was "wasting" perfectly good eggs.... "Practicing?"..." For what? " "I can't cook a poached egg, how embarrassing.."...." Is this something for your backyard chickens thing? "..... "Me? Nooooo, just curious"

;)

I had to get a lesson on how WRONG i was trying to poach these eggs..from my husband...

Wasted 5 eggs to get that ONE lol

Consensus... Yuck. Lol I'm the kind of gal that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it..."

It's an egg, sure its delicious lol, but my taste buds prefer the crunchy bacon greasy over medium with the yolk just slightly hard.

I did it right? Still looks like chicken poo ha-ha :p

A poached egg is basically a boiled egg but you cook it without the shell on. It tastes the same and you don't have to peel it. I am wondering why hardly anyone seems to do this? Is it because the eggs don't stay perfectly round? Have people just never heard of it?
pop.gif
Curiously waiting your responses...
pop.gif
Poached eggs are delicious, best with still liquid yolk to soak into toast. I also love boiled eggs and eggs almost anyway they can be cooked and served.

IMO eggs boiled, poached, fried, scrambled all have different flavors.

So, why don't people poach eggs? Cause most folks don't cook anything at all
wink.png
Many seem to prefer the artificial eggs on fast food breakfast sandwiches
sickbyc.gif

Poached eggs are delicious, best with still liquid yolk to soak into toast.   I also love boiled eggs and eggs almost anyway they can be cooked and served.  

So, why don't people poach eggs?    Cause most folks don't cook anything at all ;)    Many seem to prefer the artificial eggs on fast food breakfast sandwiches :sick  

Lol true! That's probably why I never even bothered trying to make a poached egg, because I "assumed" those little nasty pucks on a mcmuffin were what "poached" eggs WERE! ;)

Poached eggs are delicious, best with still liquid yolk to soak into toast.   I also love boiled eggs and eggs almost anyway they can be cooked and served.  

So, why don't people poach eggs?    Cause most folks don't cook anything at all ;)    Many seem to prefer the artificial eggs on fast food breakfast sandwiches :sick  

Ok, I'll admit to having a rarely indulged fondness for a Sausage McMuffin with Egg :p
Still prefer homegrown, fried in butter eggs. YUMMO!

Alright, this thread has made me hungry......going to fry an egg for me and poach a couple for my buddy. :jumpy

Last edited:
Ok, so just to save the embarrassment of being on BYC admitting that i cant cook a poached egg lol

So the DH wanted to know why I was "wasting" perfectly good eggs.... "Practicing?"..." For what? " "I can't cook a poached egg, how embarrassing.."...." Is this something for your backyard chickens thing? "..... "Me? Nooooo, just curious"

;)

I had to get a lesson on how WRONG i was trying to poach these eggs..from my husband...

Wasted 5 eggs to get that ONE lol

Consensus... Yuck. Lol I'm the kind of gal that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it..."

It's an egg, sure its delicious lol, but my taste buds prefer the crunchy bacon greasy over medium with the yolk just slightly hard.

I did it right? Still looks like chicken poo ha-ha :p
b

I think it's always worth "practicing". Haven't we been told that's what it takes to achieve perfection? Well, I may never reach "perfection" since I'm only human but when it comes to cookiing, at least I can eat the efforts. :D

BTW, that's just about a "perfect" poached egg there! WAY TO GO :yiipchick

Last edited:
Poached eggs are different than fried eggs - so if your mouth is wanting the crispy, fried in bacon grease egg, poached eggs are not going to cut it! But if you are looking for a poached egg on buttered toast, cooked just like shortgrass did above, with the warm yolk soaking the crispy toast with a little sea salt and cracked pepper - it can't be beat! (I never eat the poached egg plain straight off the plate.) Best eggs for Eggs Benedict, too.

Kind of like sometimes I want a white pizza with spinach and artichokes, sometimes I want pineapple and jalapeno, and sometimes plain old pepperoni! You can't compare the different types because they feed different cravings.

I love poached eggs but my wife hates them. She says its a "texture" thing. I cant imagine a world without eggs benedict.

b

I think it's always worth "practicing". Haven't we been told that's what it takes to achieve perfection? Well, I may never reach "perfection" since I'm only human but when it comes to cookiing, at least I can eat the efforts. :D

BTW, that's just about a "perfect" poached egg there! WAY TO GO :yiipchick

Well thank you very much! Lol now if someone wants"eggs Benedict ", at least i can finally poach an egg :D

I love poached eggs but my wife hates them. She says its a "texture" thing. I cant imagine a world without eggs benedict.

THAT'S it...the texture! :p I don't care for the texture.. Guess I was raised crispy ha-ha ;)

Back
Top Bottom