why dose it hurt so much

citalk2much

Twilight Blessings Farm
11 Years
Dec 22, 2008
GR MI: TN bound!
My husband and I have been having a very vary hard time (he is drinking everyday) anyway he moved out over the week. I thought I was okay with this its not that I don't love him it is just that I don't like his drinking it makes me not like him. I made my plans to move on with out him. So tell me why is it tearing me up inside today I found out he is dating someone already
hit.gif

Last edited:
I understand the hurt. DH and I have been through some real bad last few years. He moved out for about 8 months but moved back in due to money issues. We live seperate lives, sleep in different rooms but still get along ok for the most part. Just celabrated our 16th anniversary last week. Didnt really acknowledge it.

From what I know about alcoholics, he just wants someone to drink with.
It isn't about love.
I am VERY sorry that things are going this way. I had an alcoholic father. Everyday I wished he would stop. I now know that it is a symptom of something else. It is self medicating with the wrong drug. My heart goes out to you.
I am sending you a cyber hug. ((*))
Chin up. deep breath. and think about you and what you need and carry on. Best of luck to you.

It's tearing you up because you DO love him, but liking him IS more important. And it's hard to like someone who doesn't like himself. I'm sure it doesn't help much, but you were so wise and strong to save yourself! Until he acknowledges his problem and sees how it's affecting his life and those around him, he cannot be saved from this situation (and too often the partner thinks they CAN save/rescue the alcoholic...no way). Stay strong! Try to find an AL-ANON group somewhere near your area for support!
hugs.gif

Maybe a little humor will help....

hugs.gif

You can substitute man for woman and husband for wife, her for him, etc... if you like...

When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.

David Bissonette

After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin; they just can't face each other, but still they stay together.

Sacha Guitry

I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.

Sigmund Freud

'Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.'

Anonymous

'There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking. It's called marriage.'

Sam Kinison

'I've had bad luck with both my wives.
The first one left me, and the second one didn't.'

James Holt McGavra

Two secrets to keep your marriage brimming
1. Whenever you're wrong, admit it,
2. Whenever you're right, shut up.

Patrick Murra

You know what I did before I married?
Anything I wanted to..

Anonymous

My wife and I were happy for twenty years.
Then we met.

Henny Youngman

A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong.

Rodney Dangerfield

A man inserted an 'ad' in the classifieds: 'Wife wanted'. Next day he received a hundred letters.
They all said the same thing: 'You can have mine.'

Anonymous

First Guy (proudly): 'My wife's an angel!'
Second Guy: 'You're lucky, mine's still alive.'

Quote:
I agree. I was married to an alcoholic/drug addict for 17 years. You can't fix them. Only they can help themselves.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom