Why is it necessary for horses to do this after a bath? Urrrgh!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by arabianequine, Jul 6, 2011.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
  2. laseterlass

laseterlass Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    Our flea bitten Arab used to find the stickiest nastiness mess, be it mud or the sappy cottonwood tree that she found right after we had her cleaned up for a show......

3. ilovemypeeps

ilovemypeeps Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2011
    Is that fence (in the video) barbed wire [​IMG]?! And yes, horses just love to roll after a bath.... almost EVERY time! It's really neat that you caught it on camera though.

4. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Cause it feels sooooo good!! [​IMG]

5. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    We used to count how many times they would roll and then say that's how much this particular horse is worth. 7 rolls equals $700.00 and a complete roll you know what I mean...all the way over was worth an extra $1000.00 [​IMG]

6. alabamachick

alabamachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Alabama
    I always say... "A dirty horse is a happy horse, and I have VERY happy horses"

7. leenie

leenie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2009
    Springfield, VA
    You took off what that horse spent a lot of time putting on. . . on PURPOSE no less.

Jeesh, what were you thinking [​IMG]

8. alabamachick

alabamachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Alabama
    Quote:We always used to say that a complete roll over was $500 each time. Where did that come from??

9. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    It was no big deal really. We were not going any where. Just the thought. I am doing it more to get her use to the water then anything else. It has been in the 90's here.

I would have got better videos and pics but my battery pack was messing up in my camera.

I had a horse when I was a teenager that would go to lay down when we walked into water.

That is barb wire on the top strand right there. This fencing was already here when we moved in. Most of the fencing is 4-5 ft. horse fence and the top 2 strands are barb wire. I plan to replace it all the way around with electrical. It sags right there too and I don't like it.

10. ilovemypeeps

ilovemypeeps Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2011
    Good for you replacing it [​IMG]. Barbed wire is so dangerous for horses.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by