Why is it so hard to talk to my teacher? *New plan*

Quote:
Oh, good. I don't know why, but every time I feel curious, I feel like a complete idiot freshman. I'm realyl looking forward to trying to find out at some point this year what the teacher thinks of me, because as nice as she seems to think I am, sometimes I feel like she thinks I'm a real idiot.

naw, my kid sisters felt like that at first, but once they broke the ice it ended up working out great. it was a subject that my parent's hadn't spoken of very much of... And they were done having kids, and with me being the oldest by 15 years or more I was the first to give grandkids
smile.png

If you feel like you are going to lock up, maybe you could write a note out ahead of time for your mom but go ahead and introduce her to your teacher. Obviously your teacher seems to be a role model for you, so if you do lock up, you can give your mom the note and hide till she talks to you
smile.png

Some people are naturally extroverted and always seem to know what to say and how to handle conversations--others are naturally introverted and not as comfortable with people they do not know well--even, or maybe especially when they would like to.

As you get older you will become more and more accustomed to dealing with people--it is really okay if everyone does not like you. The world won't end. The reality is that most people don't even think about whether they like you or not--they just recognised you as you appear to be. The hard part about being shy is that you are often afraid to step forward and join in something that you think you might enjoy. I was that person, and I can still be somewhat reserved. The more you simply make a choice to say or do something, the less uncomfortable you will become, the more you will realize that your opinion of yourself is what really matters, not someone else's.

Quote:
Okay, so I get the note part, but I don't get the purpose. What for? To talk to my mom, or to the teacher?

I don't really care what she thinks about me, per se, I just care about whether or not I make an idiot out of myself saying something that could hurt somebody.
For example, the other day, I finished up my snack at break time, and I was full, but I hadn't eaten all of it. So I went around asking people if they wanted the rest. And I, for some odd reason, decided to offer the teacher the rest. She declined (politely). Yeah....I pretty much felt like a total dweeb even though she wasn't the only one I asked that said no.

i meant the note for your mom
smile.png
Your mom would be the first one you may want to talk to about this. I'm sure you mom is going to understand, and probably won't mind sharing her insight on this.
smile.png

The note as an icebreaker if your voice suddenly locks up
smile.png

I don't know...I don't talk to my mom about private stuff like this...I'm not sure. I think the last person I'd be likely to talk to about this is my mom. I love her, I just feel uncomfortable talking to her.

Kargo....being young is tough stuff, being a parent isn't any easier either. Your headed in the right direction by asking for advise, but be careful of the advise you receive... from people who don't know you, but are trying to help. Your family members are on your team, they know and love you....try talking with your mother, ask her questions that pertain to your problems, but put it in a way has if she was your age and what would she have done? How about a church member?
Good Luck.....a diary or journal will help you as well, sometimes the small hill we walk up look's like a mountain until we get to the top.

HappyHatch'en :

Kargo....being young is tough stuff, being a parent isn't any easier either. Your headed in the right direction by asking for advise, but be careful of the advise you receive... from people who don't know you, but are trying to help. Your family members are on your team, they know and love you....try talking with your mother, ask her questions that pertain to your problems, but put it in a way has if she was your age and what would she have done? How about a church member?
Good Luck.....a diary or journal will help you as well, sometimes the small hill we walk up look's like a mountain until we get to the top.

thumbsup.gif

I do keep journal entries. I've never made one about this (yet, anyway.) I might do it sometime. Still, I' wish I could somehow get the teacher to tell me what she thought of my vuriosity/shyness, ect. without actually asking her.

Back
Top Bottom