WHY is lockdown so HARD??!!?!

Got up this morning and I have a pip finally....
woot.gif
Now its going to take its sweet time to zip. Been about 4 hours and no progress. Just sittn in there peepn away. How is everyone else doing with their eggs? Still got my fingers crossed for everyone.
fl.gif

update.

I have 13 of my sexlinks out of 14 eggs banded and in the brooder box.
. and 10 of Earl's eggs in the LG have hatched off and almost all of those are dry and ready to be feather sexed, banded and put in the brooder box too.

as soon as I can figure out where I lost my camera this time. I'll post some pictures

Last edited:
Day 20 here. Have 3 eggs, 1 pipped yesterday and has made a bit bigger crack this morning, another pipped this morning. 3rd one still wobbling but no pip. They are making me nervous, get out of the egg!

My lone Sexlink egg. hoping it's just late.

I should have turned off the heat lamp for the photo but I really did not have the heart too.
OH and if you want to stop junk mail from coming. Start running it through your paper shredder and using it for chick bedding. You will stop getting junk mail if you find a good use for it.

The 10 of Earl's chicks with one lone wolf egg in there hopefully just waiting a bit before hatching. after all that egg was 11 days old before I put it in the incubator. Maybe I should put it with my sexlink egg for company.

You might need a cup of coffee. I sit up with mine too I get all excited.. I'm on my 7th hatch this spring and it's still the same.

Day 20 here. Have 3 eggs, 1 pipped yesterday and has made a bit bigger crack this morning, another pipped this morning. 3rd one still wobbling but no pip. They are making me nervous, get out of the egg!

Finally have 3 pipped. One of those has it's little ducky bill sticking out of the hole and is opening it and closing it. Another one is rocking good. We are on day 29 here for my little duck eggs. FINALLY!!!

I hear you... once they are zipped I wish they would just come out. But I guess it takes a lot of effort to hatch.

Got up this morning and I have a pip finally....
woot.gif
Now its going to take its sweet time to zip. Been about 4 hours and no progress. Just sittn in there peepn away. How is everyone else doing with their eggs? Still got my fingers crossed for everyone.
fl.gif

Any chicks yet?
jumpy.gif

Yes I finally have a fuzzy butt running around in bator.
wee.gif
Was very quiet all day and around 945 tonight decided it was time to get with the program. By 1010 was zipped and out of the egg. I'm just so excited. Finally got it right. Have 2 more in the bator that havent done anything, but 1 is a day behind, day 21 started tonight at 730 and I have one that is 2 days behind. So I put that one in lockdown at the same time. Not as anxious as I was since I finally got a hatch. Will post pics when he/she fluffys up. How is everyone else doing?
fl.gif

Yes I finally have a fuzzy butt running around in bator.
wee.gif
Was very quiet all day and around 945 tonight decided it was time to get with the program. By 1010 was zipped and out of the egg. I'm just so excited. Finally got it right. Have 2 more in the bator that havent done anything, but 1 is a day behind, day 21 started tonight at 730 and I have one that is 2 days behind. So I put that one in lockdown at the same time. Not as anxious as I was since I finally got a hatch. Will post pics when he/she fluffys up. How is everyone else doing?
fl.gif

Congrats !!!!!

4 hatched, 10 pipped, 20 nothing yet.........had a power failure in the night, so not sure how it will effect them all.

How long can I leave the hatchlings in the bator waiting for everyone else?

Back
Top Bottom