WHY is lockdown so HARD??!!?!

LilMissChz

Songster
7 Years
Feb 16, 2012
North East, Maryland
I locked down last night and don't expect to hatch until Friday.... yet here I am on Wednesday night, nervously checking the eggs for signs of pipping and movement.

What is wrong with me??!!!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Nothing is wrong with you...unless there's something wrong with me too.
wink.png
I use to constantly check on my eggs during lock down and go crazy watching them and worrying. Now I either keep myself busy during lockdown or run errands so that I can't be watching.

I locked down last night as well, and I am the same! I had to make a rule for myself that I can only check the bator once an hour. I'm actually getting a backache from hunching over and peering through the window.

I locked down today at 1pm. I find I keep going in to check on mine to, to see if I can hear any peeps or if the eggs are moving. If I don't see any movement I get worried somethings wrong. Lockdown is such a stressfull time.
hu.gif

nothing wrong with you!!!!
ep.gif
It is addicting and exciting!!!!!
celebrate.gif
I am usually parked in a chair just watching and waiting for something to happen!
caf.gif

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!
fl.gif

Well I have decided to get away from the house tomorrow because I'm making myself crazy. It's like 3 long days of torture... not to mention how hard it is if they don't hatch quickly.

I agree. I find myself going in to listen for any peeps and see any movement ready to pull my hair out.
barnie.gif
Tomorrow will be day 20 for me and so far nothing, so I'm going into town tomorrow and run some errands. Hoping when I get home will here some peeps.
fl.gif
I feel like if I don't see movement all is not well, but I keep telling myself at this stage they are to big to be doing alot of moving. That I just need to be patient.

Going to town got me away from the bator, but when I returned still nothing.
bow.gif
Anybody else got peeps or pips happening yet?
fl.gif
Sending good vibes for a good hatch, good luck. Keep me posted.

Last edited:
Going to town got me away from the bator, but when I returned still nothing.
bow.gif
Anybody else got peeps or pips happening yet?
fl.gif
Sending good vibes for a good hatch, good luck. Keep me posted.

I was a nervous wreck for the long 3 day wait. I was convinced something was wrong and ready to give up and others talked me down to the ground again LOL and I have 4 littles ones now and waiting on 13 more..... HANG IN THERE we are all in this together
hugs.gif

I know! It' so hard isn't it? I always have to force myself to get out of the house on hatch days. It's even hard to go to work. I could stare at the bator for hours, but it does go by so much faster if you keep yourself busy. It reminds of being a kid at Christmas. I would go to bed early, so the day would arrive faster, but I could never get to sleep!

Back
Top Bottom