Why is my chicken crouching when i come?

If you want to get them to be more friendly, time and patience are your friend. I would recommend sitting in the run and reading, answering emails, etc- doing something quiet, and scatter scratch near your feet. When they come, don't move toward them. They'll get used to you if you repeat this process. Then you can start offering treats in your hand or your lap, just sitting there. Repeat this several times. As they get used to that one, continue moving forward with more movement/interaction for each thing that you're doing, and repeating. Soon, they'll be comfortable with you. The holding is the hardest part- once they're used to you, hold them like you're going to pick them up, but keep their feet on the ground. Wait until you can tell that they've calmed down. Repeat this until they're used to it, then you can start picking them up for real.
and what about sitting in my char? One chicken does not really run away from me, well, barelly it does. Anyway the chicken just moves away when i come to cm to her, sometimes... And i touch her for 2 seconds then getting away. I guess, that chicken is half tamed! XD

Back
Top Bottom