Why is my ducks bill bleeding

DuckDuckles

In the Brooder
Nov 28, 2023
So, I let my ducks out this morning and one of my ducks looks really raggity and seems to have a scab or something on her bill. I have no idea when happened. She is the only one like this and as far as I can tell she is still acting fine. I put the ducks a way in the dark the night before so I didn't see anything weird. However I know for a fact she didn't look like this yesterday. I cleaned the sab with an antibiotic and am keeping their water clean. Anything else I should do? Or how this happened and how to prevent it?

Attachments

• 20231128_071657.jpg
    20231128_071657.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20231128_071704.jpg
    20231128_071704.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 6
cleaning with vetericyn or a little diluted povodine iodine solution is good and then applying an antibacterial ointment like neosporin (but only use the kind that does NOT have pain relief added)
is a good treatment.

My gander had a bloody spot on his bill once and it healed quickly. He got his from a fight with another gander. Sometimes a scrape can come from sticking their heads into and under or through stuff like fences etc . just look around for anything sharp

Any idea on what happened? I'm think she either scraped it somewhere or she is being bullied? I haven't seen her be picked on though.

Back
Top Bottom