Why is My Govee doing this?

Feb 3, 2021
Arizona
Is it normal for the humidity to go down so fast? It went from 37% humidity to 12% in like 5 hours. Will it hurt the eggs to go from 12% to 35% in like 5 min, I have to constantly add water because the humidity keeps fluctuating. Ahhh, will the eggs survive!?!
A1F60E96-D97E-4725-AE6A-790051065229.png

Last edited:
I'm not CSI, or Columbo, but looking at your chart, the heat has been cycling quite more often as the humidity dropped. I would check to see if the cover, door, or hood is closed properly on your incubator. A venting leak would cause humidity to escape, as well as have the heat source come on more frequently. (due to escaping heat)
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

ah caveman you might not have a govee based on your answer.

Have a closer look.

Your "massive cycling" is a change of 0.1 degrees F or 0.05 degrees C! That is not a massive cycling, that is extremely steady...

It's because the govee is so precise compared to other thermometers.

Other thermometers would not pick up the humidity fluctuations a govee can detect, it is normal for an incubator to go very dry if it is run dry - as heat in the incubator gets warmed up it can hold more moisture. This is just physics, as air cools it can't hold as much so if it was saturated before cooling then cooling will cause the air to hold excess moisture and create condensation. This is why cold windows in a warm house will condense.

So warm air can hold more moisture - this is the important bit. As the air in the incubator is warmed it can hold more and more moisture but the incubator is dry so any moisture the air was holding as a relative humidity to the temperature will change, since the amount of moisture at a low temp will cause a certain humidity as the air warms the percentage of humidity that air is holding will drop. Once you add water to the incubator the air will start to pick u moisture and go back up again. Once the warm air is saturated with moisture and you open the incubator the humidity will again drop very rapidly as the warm moist air escapes and is replaced with cold air that holds far less moisture.

This is also a reason to preheat an incubator for 24 hours to let it settle on the right values, before this the surface temperatures will not be warmed up yet and humidity will fluctuate more.

Last edited:
I'm not CSI, or Columbo, but looking at your chart, the heat has been cycling quite more often as the humidity dropped. I would check to see if the cover, door, or hood is closed properly on your incubator. A venting leak would cause humidity to escape, as well as have the heat source come on more frequently. (due to escaping heat)
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome
Thanks! The hood seems to be on securely.

Back
Top Bottom