WHY IS MY HEN CROWING!!!?!!?

You can imagine how shocked i was when i walked into the hen house and she pulled back her head and crowed! The rooster was more shocked than i was!!!!!!
LoLol. I've never witnessed it, but I know it is in fact possible. I have a hen who acts like a rooster if that counts, but she doesn't crow :idunno plus I have a roo who acts like a hen (he doesn't crow!)

I think it happens when they get older. We have a Brahma hen that laid eggs for years. Now she is almost 10 years old and for the last year or so crows like a rooster, even though we have roosters. She also quit laying a couple of years ago.

LoLol. I've never witnessed it, but I know it is in fact possible. I have a hen who acts like a rooster if that counts, but she doesn't crow :idunno plus I have a roo who acts like a hen (he doesn't crow!)

I honestly think she was trying to show of to the rooster!!! She was standing a few inches from him!!!!

Chickens are very weird.some chickens will take boy behaviors. And isn't anything worrisome.No matter whether there is a rooster around,they will still do it.

This reminded me... A man that doesn't have any animals and probably has never seem a chicken in his life once told us that roosters lay eggs when i asked him where he heard that he said that he had looked it up on the Internet! Next time i see him I'll have to tell him that he's been misinformed! Roosters don't lay eggs! Hens crow!

^oh my gosh, she sounds like a roo!! I've only ever had one hen that crowed and it was nothing like a Roos crow..just kind of shout....:lol:

Back
Top Bottom