why is she laying like this?

beach livin'

Songster
8 Years
Sep 21, 2011
Manteo
i snapped this pic a little while ago. she was laying like this a couple weeks ago as well. i thought i might have caught her mid roll in a dust bath, but now im starting to think she wasnt rolling. could something be wrong? she seems pretty healthy otherwise, and she gets right up when i approach her.

107290_dog_kennel_run_006.jpg

My hens lay like that as well. All seems well since 2 days ago got my first egg from my hen porscha and today got another first egg from my hen Glory. So.. I would not think of anything to be wrong. Is it cold there or hot where you are? If its warm she might be laying like that to kinda cool off. If its cold than maybe something is wrong? Im no chicken expert so maybe some one will come along with better knowledge than I.
smile.png
Hope all goes well with your sideways hen
tongue.png
Sending great warm wishes your way
smile.png

smile.png
ok, thanks yall. that makes me feel better. it is a little chilly today, so i can see how she is trying to soak in the sun rays

Totally normal babe
smile.png
my chickens often do this...they are sunbathing....I have one hen who insists on laying like that right at the side of my feet, and promptly moans if I move
lau.gif

*hugs* Heather x

My hens all lay like that when they are enjoying their dust bath. They take turns bathing, probably based on pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom