Thanks for the advice. I think trying to give them little things like mirrors or even a mini xylophone could keep them quiet in the morning. They usually will start squawking at 5:30 and I don't want to wake the neighbours. I'll also try leaving out little pellets for them to scratch about and eat.

Thanks for the advice. I think trying to give them little things like mirrors or even a mini xylophone could keep them quiet in the morning. They usually will start squawking at 5:30 and I don't want to wake the neighbours. I'll also try leaving out little pellets for them to scratch about and eat.

Don't scatter the pellets in the evening. Mice would LOVE you for it.
I keep a feeder in the coop.
:hmm I do put it on a high hook at coop closing to keep mice out of it though.
:confused: I wake up at ~3:30 every morning so I am already up before dawn. I just go ahead and tend them as the sun rises.

Last edited:
Try a flock block. Put it out after they go to bed so they’ll have it when they get up! Bring it in when u go feed them in the morning

Feeder is not in the coop?
They don't care about 'toys', they need to eat.

How big is the coop, in feet by feet?
Dimensions and pics(inside and out) would help here.

That is HILARIOUS. Never heard it before. Will remember it, thanks!

Saw this the other day.
download.png

Sorce

I think trying to give them little things like mirrors or even a mini xylophone could keep them quiet in the morning

Won't a xylophone ADD to the noise?

My chickens are fairly close to the house, not even 20', but they know that no matter if they make noise or not food will not come until after the dogs are let out. And then the noise starts up, but by then it's 8:30 AM.

Don't scatter the pellets in the evening. Mice would LOVE you for it.
I keep a feeder in the coop.
:hmm I do put it on a high hook at coop closing to keep mice out of it though.
:confused: I wake up at ~3:30 every morning so I am already up before dawn. I just go ahead and tend them as the sun rises.
I would like to see your feed set up. Do you have pic you can post. As winter is coming I am trying to figure that dilemma out. Don’t want rodents.

Back
Top Bottom