Wierd silkie(if it even is)

Tylerblockbuster

Songster
Jan 31, 2019
I had my black silkie hen hatch out eggs fertilized by a white sizzle and I got three cute babies. One turned out to be a normal silkie,one a sizzle and the last one a wierd mix. They were born on april 1st this year
The mix, He/she is very friendly and I would like to know
1. If its a silkie
2. Is it a boy or girl if possible

Attachments

• 20200616_125733.jpg
    20200616_125733.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 75
It looks like a pullet from the picture. there isn't a waddle and the feathers look pretty rounded. But because it has a Silkie head, I would keep watch for streamers. They're like extra wispy/pointy fluffy feathers coming off the back of their heads. They stand out from the rest of the floof. If you start noticing them, then it's probably a rooster.

Could then one of the parents not have been a pure bred? My profile picture is the mother with this baby peeking out and the father is a sizzle bred between a silkie and a sizzle. I was wondering this because I have been training him since 2 weeks to be my new showmanship bird(my old show bird is 6 and I want to retire him from showing)
He is a frizzled silkie, but I wouldn’t call him a sizzle, because a sizzle would be a chicken that is both silkied and frizzled. He is frizzled, but he’s not silkied.
The father didn’t pass on his frizzle gene, and since he also had no silkie genes, his son is smooth feathered (sometimes called a “satin”).

It's definitely not a silkie, though the head looks like one. For gender I'm not sure.
Could then one of the parents not have been a pure bred? My profile picture is the mother with this baby peeking out and the father is a sizzle bred between a silkie and a sizzle. I was wondering this because I have been training him since 2 weeks to be my new showmanship bird(my old show bird is 6 and I want to retire him from showing)

Attachments

• 20200501_171543.jpg
    20200501_171543.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 58

Back
Top Bottom