Wierd silkie(if it even is)

Could then one of the parents not have been a pure bred? My profile picture is the mother with this baby peeking out and the father is a sizzle bred between a silkie and a sizzle. I was wondering this because I have been training him since 2 weeks to be my new showmanship bird(my old show bird is 6 and I want to retire him from showing)
He is a frizzled silkie, but I wouldn’t call him a sizzle, because a sizzle would be a chicken that is both silkied and frizzled. He is frizzled, but he’s not silkied.
The father didn’t pass on his frizzle gene, and since he also had no silkie genes, his son is smooth feathered (sometimes called a “satin”).

As many others have said, he is a Satin!
The father is probably a smooth feathered frizzle with one copy of the Silkie gene, based on what the other chicks are.

For the first chick he gave his Silkie gene, for the second he gave the Silkie and the frizzle gene, and for the third he gave the Smooth feathered gene.

What you are calling your sizzle is really a frizzle. He has frizzled feathers and some silkie attributes but he is not silkie feathered so cannot be full silkie. He is a mix of some sort. Hence why his chick and your new cockerel is not full silkie. You have some mixed breeds who are part silkie there. Gorgeous nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom