Wild baby piglet!!

Quote:
I can't answer either one of those questions. I can find out about the abandonment part though. Well it really wasn't abadoned. Someone we know killed the mother and then realized it had babies. This is the only one he caught. I do know they've been feeding it dog food though. I haven't even seen it. I'm at work and my husband went to get it. He said it was tiny. He's going to Tractor Supply in the morning and get some milk replacer!!

ETA: After he called me and told me how tiny it was I got him to get a heating pad and he put it on low setting underneath a towel in the cage!!

Last edited:
Here's the pics he sent me!!

41543_piglet_1.jpg

41543_piglet.jpg

Good Job about feeding the milk replacer. Also I believe pigs that age don't create proper body heat and require heating. *** I'm not 100 % positive about that though.

Main thing is keeping it warm. Piglets cant regulate their own temps. Any food it will eat should be fine.

Okay so I did good with the heating pad.!! So if he's been eating food than we should be okay giving him the milk replacer with bread and not wory about bottle feeding him right??

Thanks so much for ya'lls help!!

At that age I believe they still require bottle feeding but I'm not positive.

Back
Top Bottom